Company: UFP Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: January 19, 2023
About UFP Technologies: UFP Technologies is an innovative designer
and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and
packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly
specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials
through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and
fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also
providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace
& defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial
markets.UFP Technologies offers a competitive benefits package,
including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life,
disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid
holidays, employee discounts and much more!Summary: Reporting to
the Manager of Internal Audit, the Internal Auditor performs
various aspects of professional internal auditing work. Responsible
for assisting with reviewing UFP Technologies' entities to
determine whether they are efficiently and effectively carrying out
their internal control functions and processes in accordance with
management instructions, policies and procedures, regulatory
authorities, and in a manner that is consistent with both company
objectives and high standards of administrative practice. The
Internal Auditor will perform operational, financial and compliance
audits.Internal Auditor Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the completion of tasks in accordance with the
annual audit plan.
- Assists Internal Audit Manager with control evaluation
activities that include the following: risk assessment update and
consideration, ongoing testing of transactional key controls,
testing of information technology general controls, review of
third-party service organization control reports, and preparation
of user security review documentation and coordination.
- Prepares and updates comprehensive internal control
documentation and works with process owners to evaluate and
facilitate the documentation of key financial processes.
- Evaluates the internal control environment continuously and
makes recommendations to management to enhance and standardize
controls across departments and manufacturing locations.
- Analyzes financial data within the established audit scope to
ensure the accuracy and integrity of the applicable financial
- Appraises the effectiveness of internal controls relative to
the safeguarding of assets and adherence to sound business
practices, company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes transactions, documents, records and
reports for accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists in developing and presenting findings and
recommendations based on audit work performed to improve internal
controls and other financial and operational processes. This
includes assisting in drafting the scope, objectives, risks, and
issues identified, recommendations and management action plan.
- Interacts with the external auditors, primarily related to SOX
testing and the annual integrated audit.
- Assists in the preparation of control documentation and testing
of various compliance related functions in the Company.
- Completes various administrative functions to support the
Internal Audit Department.Internal Auditor Qualification
- Bachelors or higher degree in accounting with one to two years
of relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of professional standards, regulations and
frameworks including Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and COSO internal
control framework.Internal Auditor Skills and capabilities:
- Strong organizational skills / attention to detail and the
ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a deadline
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability
to work effectively with various levels and functions within the
- Strong work ethic and sense of personal responsibility for work
- Self-motivated individual with attention to detail and the
ability to work independently.
- Ability to produce accurate, high-quality work in a
time-sensitive fast paced environment.To apply for this job please
create a profile with us through our online application system.
Click the "Apply" box in the upper right hand corner to start the
application process. Or, if you already have a social media account
with LinkedIn, Google, or Facebook you can use your log in
credentials to apply. UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Keywords: UFP Technologies, Inc., Lowell , Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Newburyport, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!