Company: Rapid Micro Biosystems
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Winning the race to bring new healthcare products safely to
-market -drives Rapid Micro Biosystems (RMB) to combine today's
innovative technologies as never before. Your career at RMB puts
you at the center of diverse global teams that span robotics, AI,
Machine Learning, imaging, microbiology, and more, re-shaping how
urgently needed pharmaceuticals are made, tested, and released for
decades to come. The sky's the limit. - -Careers at RMB are
fast-moving, with the high growth you'd expect from a world leader
in microbiology automation. -Advancement -at RMB -affords an
-opportunity to achieve -your personal goals and -develop your
-passions, in an inclusive environment where every employee has the
resources and opportunities to hone their skills. You'll do more,
learn more, and -can -make a -profound impact -on our business. -
-Principal Automation Engineer Robotics- Lowell, MARapid is seeking
a Principal Engineer, Automation Robotics for a hands-on and
impactful position in our fast-growing Lowell, MA facility. - The
individual in this role will be responsible for existing and new
automated microbiological testing equipment. - The Principal
Automation Engineer will design, install, and validate improvements
to our existing design and propose new methods to align with
customer needs.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Based on priority resolve automation and robotic issues on our
microbiological automation system
- Responsible for the specifications, design, installation, and
validation of automation and robotic projects
- Uses diagrams, specifications, written and verbal descriptions
to design and improve the automation system.
- Based on customer feedback, troubleshoot any
mechanical/electrical changes or upgrades to resolve a customer
- Uses automation skills to contribute to the development of the
- Works on complex automation projects where data evaluation and
analysis of variable factors are required to solve problems in
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques
for obtaining solutions
- Wholly owns projects in their area and takes the initiative
through identifying gaps and opportunities.
- Guide junior team members and help guide team members through
the execution of projects when necessary
- Supports operation leaders and may partner with team members
and leaders across different departments
- Plans, evaluates, organizes, and implements automation-related
projects and initiatives.
- Works with vendors to purchase and repair equipment as
- Develop and troubleshoot vision systems and other automated
- Analyze and correct equipment malfunctions by troubleshooting,
replacing defective parts, adjusting, and repairing, including all
required verifications and documentation.
- Analyze and correct process defects by inspecting or testing
components, inspecting equipment, adjusting process parameters,
valves, switches, controllers, etc., as necessary to achieve good
- Analyze automation malfunctions by checking against
troubleshooting procedures, work instructions, and
- Write robotic programs to ensure operational efficiencies of
- Initiate and complete technical activities leading to improved
- Cross-train other technical staff as needed
- Provide technical assistance to others as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.OTHER DUTIES AND
- Work collaboratively with other functions to investigate
- An active member of continuous improvement efforts.PREPARATION,
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering
- Proven skills (must have):
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Must be able to diagnose and solve problems effectively.
- 5+ years of prior experience with automation required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing process, tooling,
material properties, and engineering standards
- Knowledge of statistical techniques, problem-solving methods,
technical drawings, maintenance techniques and manufacturing
techniques are required.
- Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment.
- Understanding in reading electrical and pneumatic
- Variable-speed drives, vision systems, servo-systems,
industrial sensors and Relay Ladder Logic
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes of mechanical
- Ability to adjust, replace and/or repair mechanical drive
components, chain & sprockets, pulleys, bearings, and
- Ability to troubleshoot, replace and/or repair solenoids,
cylinders, and other pneumatic systems. WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Able to perform basic shop math and read drawings.
- Sedentary work, walking, standing, fingering, feeling, pulling,
grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motion, required to have
close visual acuity to assemble parts, no adverse environmental
- Close visual acuity to work on the computer and determine the
accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work, operate
- Ability to shift work schedule for periods as needed. -
- Adjusting, moving, or lifting objects up to 50 pounds
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or
- Operating machinery and/or power tools
- Occasional environmental odors may be present.
- May be required to work extended hours and weekends on
occasion.ABOUT RAPID MICRO BIOSYSTEMS:Rapid Micro Biosystems
creates, sells, validates, and services innovative products for
fast, accurate, and efficient detection of microbial contamination
in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, biologics, biotechnology
products, medical devices, and personal care products.The company's
Growth Direct----the first and only growth-based system to automate
rapid compendial QC Micro testing-ensures data integrity,
compliance, and operational efficiencies driven by rapid methods
and automation.Rapid Micro Biosystems is dedicated to providing
groundbreaking technology and products to support companies in
their journey to achieve greater reliability, efficiency, and
better predictability, ultimately providing higher quality products
for improved patient outcomes.Rapid Micro Biosystems is
headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts. - Our -research &
development, -and manufacturing -operations are located in Lowell,
Massachusetts. Additionally, we maintain field -offices in
Freising, Germany; Switzerland, and Singapore. -Equal
Opportunity:Rapid Micro Biosystems is committed to the principle of
equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and
employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a
position. Under no circumstances will Rapid Micro Biosystems
discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color,
religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, mental illness, genetics,
choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or
any other basis prohibited under applicable law.No phone calls or
Keywords: Rapid Micro Biosystems, Lowell , Principal Engineer, Engineering , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!