Principal Design Engineer
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Company Overview:MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor
products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and
Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM
has design centers and sales offices throughout North America,
Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international
quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management
standard.MACOM has more than 65 years of application expertise with
multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication,
manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities
throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Click here to view our
facilities. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that
represents a key core competency within our business.MACOM sells
and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of
a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and
leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all
of our products to give our customers insights into our entire
MMIC Design EngineerJob Description:
- Designing ICs that comply with initial specifications, thorough
simulations, managing the project to validation, supporting the
manufacturing release and qualification.
- Working with customers, product management, product engineers,
test engineers and applications engineeringQualifications:
- Deep knowledge of CMOS analog and RF SOI designtechniques
- 12 years minimum of experience in RFIC product design
(evidenced by relevant product releases).
- Demonstrated design successes in the following topologies:
Bandgap reference, LDO, charge pumps, level shifters, I/O buffers,
and RF switches.
- Experience in the design of other functional blocks (mixers,
attenuators, phase shifters, multipliers, low additive phase noise
amplifiers etc) is a plus.
- Familiarity with CMOS, RF SOI, and SiGe processes.
- Expert knowledge of simulation and layout tools (Cadence and
ADS design software including EM simulation)
- Knowledge of all characterization equipment and
- Familiarity with project management and planning. Understanding
of the product release and qualification processes.
- Ability to characterize products hands on in the lab when
required to meet project schedules
- Support of applications engineering, technical sales, and
product line management when required
- Ability to support of a product through the entire product
development and release cycle.
- Definition of specifications, development of test plans,
working with technicians to execute characterization testing
- Experience of leading a technical team and taking on some
engineering management activities is a plus
- B.S. plus 12 years of engineering work experience
- M.S. plus 10 years of engineering work experience
- Ph.D. plus 6 years of engineering work experience
- Due to ITAR restrictions, candidate must be a US Person
(Citizen or Permanent Resident)EEO:MACOM is an Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to a diverse workforce. MACOM will not
discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or
civil partnership status, pregnancy, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, military obligations, or membership in
any other category protected under applicable law.Reasonable
Accommodation:MACOM is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical
and mental disabilities. If you have a disability and are in need
of a reasonable accommodation with respect to any part of the
application process please call +1-978-656-2500 or email
HR_Ops@MACOM.com. Provide your name, phone number and the position
title and location in which you are interested, and nature of
accommodation needed, and we will get back to you. We also work
with current employees who request or need reasonable accommodation
in order to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Keywords: MACOM, Lowell , Principal Design Engineer, Engineering , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!