Training Manager (Property Management)
Company: New England Heritage Properties
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Training ManagerReports To: Chief
Operating Officer (COO)Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- 40-45+ hours a week.
- Earlier or later hours may be needed depending on the duties of
the job.FLSA Status: ExemptDate: March 2022Summary: The training
coordinator is responsible for training property management related
leasing and administrative functions across the portfolio of real
estate managed by Heritage Properties. The primary function is to
administer a training syllabus focused on the skills outlined in
further detail below, evaluate the progress made by various
trainees, and adapt the syllabus as needed to ensure successful
outcomes of their trainees. While much of their attention will
center on training new hires, they will also be expected to provide
reinforcement and refreshers for existing staff members. Finally,
although it is not the primary duty of this position, it is
expected that the training coordinator will assist in providing
coverage at various properties/offices based on current vacancies
or staff absences as their schedule allows.Supervision Exercised:
Although no permanent supervisory duties are required, the training
coordinator will closely monitor and mentor their roster of
trainees from the initial introductory period through at least
their first 90 days with the company in tandem with the trainee's
manager. Depending on the location and role being performed,
temporary supervision of other team members may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Any one position may not
include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples
include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Understand Heritage Properties' expectations, policies,
procedures, and guidelines for the following items:
- Customer Service
- Values (respect, timeliness, honesty, etc.)
- Guidelines for in-person interactions
- Guidelines for telephone/video calls
- Guidelines for email correspondence
- Apartment Leasing
- Prospect Pipeline
- Tours & closing the lease
- Application through approval
- Approval through move-in
- Lease Renewals
- Timeline and important dates
- Resident outreach
- Resident Relations
- The lease terms and what they mean
- Legal notices
- Lease violations
- Non-payment of rent
- Train various new or existing employees, with varying levels of
previous knowledge/experience on the items discussed above via
multiple different learning methods (visual, auditory, etc.)
- Assess the progress made by a trainee on the items listed above
and make modifications to their training plan in order to give them
the best chance of success
- Provide coverage for various positions, deploying the skills
outlined above, across all properties managed by Heritage
Properties in order to:
- Further their knowledge of the different properties managed by
Heritage Properties in order to more effectively train
- Assist with properties operations as vacancies or staff
- Other related duties as may from time to time be determined to
be necessary by the COO or other senior level management.Education
- High school degree or GED is required. Associates degree or
higher-level degree is preferred.
- Two years of property management experience or equivalent is
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation. Required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Proficient in Microsoft Office and
Excel. Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
Ability to handle pressure due to complexity and time-sensitivity
of tasks. Possess excellent organizational and proofreading skills.
Strong attention to detail. Friendly, energetic with strong
interpersonal skills. Proven phone and in-person sales skills.
Ability to be an active team member within the company. Ability to
preserve and respect resident and applicant confidentiality.
Professional demeanor and appearance to properly represent property
portfolio. Willingness to work evenings and weekends. Valid
driver's license required.Physical Demands: (The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Infrequent light physical effort required.
- Required to drive to and from Heritage property sites – with
personal vehicle, mileage is reimbursed.
- Driving can be in inclement weather.
- Work typically involves standing and walking to show
properties. Walking the properties includes during all types of
weather like rain, snow, freezing or very warm temperatures. Work
Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Work performed in an office environment and at property
- Travels to and from multiple offices to provide training upon
hire of office personnel or coverage if needed.
- Any duties on the job description could change or new duties
can be added at anytimeBenefits:
- Paid Time Off - including holidays and your birthday!
- 401(k) & 401(k) matching (up to 4%)
- LTD & Life Insurance (Employer-Funded)
- Medical (Blue Cross Blue Shield) & Dental (Altus Dental)
- Professional Development Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to Financial AdvisorHeritage Properties is proud to
practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
(EEO/AA). All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications,
merit, and business need. Powered by JazzHR9j5n1M3tk1
Keywords: New England Heritage Properties, Lowell , Training Manager (Property Management), Executive , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!