Full Time Manager - Retail
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. Were
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJs Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
Job SummaryResponsible for managing, monitoring and directing all
Front-End business components in the execution and delivery of
exceptional service and value. Provide TM oversight and direction
to exceed performance expectations and results in each area
assigned, including Frontline, Membership, OMNI, Front Door and
Utility Clerks. Executes company programs and initiatives to drive
membership metrics/growth, meet OMNI goals, improve VOM scores,
ensure maintenance standards are met and validate Membership
Experience Ambassadors/front door performance of job duties as
required. Acts as a key holder for the club.Leadership:
- Know their business/business acumen. Exhibit strategic thinking
and sound decision-making thorough knowledge and utilization of
- Lead through change. Model leadership competencies, build
credibility and act as a champion for business growth.
- Communicate effectively. Provide the information the team
requires to be successful.
- Build high performing teams by creating a culture of
collaboration. Provide feedback, direction, and follow-up that will
drive business results and support team member engagement.
- Deliver results. Execute business expectations within expected
timeframes by setting clear expectations, utilizing follow up and
- Teach, coach and lead through the club level training process.
Support team member engagement within all areas of responsibility
to enable the application of policies, procedures, and
- Drive a culture of development, strategic thinking and acting,
ethical decision making and engagement. Lead with the team member
and member in mind to address all concerns and to escalate any
concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Acknowledge team member success, work as
a team to achieve goals, identify and retain top talent.Members:
- Guarantee service excellence through all points of
- Set service standard expectations for all team members. Provide
team support and empowerment to resolve every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Lead teams to
deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Define and model GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside, and out
- Perishable areas stocked and rotated with cold chain
maintainedKnow Your Business:
- Acquire a deep knowledge of key metrics and reporting for total
club and department performance
- Drive performance and profitability by using reporting to
identify trends and areas of opportunity
- Have the foresight to see a breakdown in process and correct it
before it negatively impacts club performance metrics
- Communicate a simple message to your team on the connection
between consistent operational performance and achieving club
financial targetsMajor Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Focuses on the key areas of membership performance, frontline
service, OMNI execution, VOM and club promotions.
- Develops effective and productive teams in the Member Services,
Front Line, Membership Ambassadors, OMNI through TM selection,
training, managing, performance management and assessments;
providing frequent feedback, motivation, coaching and discipline
- Ensures the right people and processes are consistently in
- Maintains clear knowledge and understanding of club policies
and procedures across Member Services, Frontline, FDAP, OMNI,
Parking lot and Sanitation.
- Maintenance of overall club including parking lot and the
- Executes company programs, associated with each area of
responsibility, to plan/expectations.
- Ensures compliance to all policies and procedures to ensure
control and integrity within the business/Front End
- Evaluates departmental performance using company reporting
tools/programs and makes operational decisions within the Front End
to maximize MFI, sales, profits, performance, and member experience
for each area under their report
- Evaluates direct reports on individual results, leveraging
reporting tools to assess strengths and opportunities to prioritize
and address growth opportunities.
- Collaborates with Assistant Club Manager to assess Team Member
performance, provide actionable feedback, reinforce accountability,
and develop talent.
- Effectively communicates membership, frontline, OMNI happenings
to club Team Members, club management and club support teams.
- Establishes operational efficiencies and productivity standards
within the departments by ensuring compliance with the operational
functions associated with assigned areas through the consistent
enforcement and maintenance of established processes and
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and working order of the
building, equipment, furniture, and fixtures within the frontline;
including OMNI tools, Front Door Ambassador supplies and Utility
- Drives membership metrics execution and performance through
acquisition, retention, loyalty, and experience
programs/initiatives associated with Member Service Desk and
- Meets and/or exceeds key metric performance and Membership Fee
Income goals as assigned.
- Ensures productivity standards are delivered as expected on the
- Continually monitors customer service levels (Member Care
Emails & VOM) to ensure positive service is delivered, and when
not, by creating and enforcingprocesses that support a positive
experience for Members and potential Members.
- Weekly execution of Membership and Frontline team member
- Weekly execution of entering front door recoveries, conducting
corresponding retraining and disciplinary action when
- Maintains all club policies processes and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this jobQualifications
- Previous customer service or sales work experience
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel, Email)
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale,
retail, grocery and/or management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members,
and driving and communicating results.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects in excess
of 30 pounds with assistance.
- May require working occasional overnight, or early morning
shifts in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to
temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.Required
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Lowell , Full Time Manager - Retail, Executive , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!