Company: MEI Rigging and Crating
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Trusted Service, Dedicated Team, Come & Join Us!MEI Rigging &
Crating has grown into one of the largest providers of rigging,
machinery moving, millwrighting, mechanical installation,
industrial storage, crating and export packing services in the U.S.
-Our dedication to precision, safety and exceptional customer
service remains strong. -We believe our people are our best asset,
and we are committed to them by providing opportunities for
training, development, growth and enrichment. -Environmental Health
& Safety Manager - BostonThe EHS Manager performs multiple tasks,
supporting many disciplines within the field Rigging group to help
ensure all areas are working efficiently and without risk of
personal injury or impact to the facilities and equipment. -The
managers primary responsibility is to support the incident and
injury free field operations of Harnum Industries, our Boston
regional location and to promote the MEI culture of safety.What You
- Proactively identifies, designs, develops, executes, and
maintains all EHS policies, guidelines, procedures and programs
related to and in support of MEI's safety culture, regulatory
changes and new business growth.
- Support -MEI, customer, -and -OSHA -required -training -(Site
-Specific, -Protocol, -Forklift, -Etc.).
- Provide program technical and administrative support in areas
such as design-in-safety, -risk assessment, job safety analysis,
investigation and resolution, development and -programming -of -EHS
-systems, -and -integrating -EHS -practices -into -operations
- Work collectively with Incident Review Board (IRB) and Site
management to manage all -incidents and accident cases thru
investigations and root cause analysis, including -working directly
with -Occupational -Health -clinics and -Insurance -carriers.
- Manage site incident prevention program (SIPP), Hot-work
permits, Confined Space, -HASCOM, Safety -Data -Sheets -(SDS's),
-and -other -applicable -safety -regulations.
- Conduct -routine -site -audits of -all -Equipment, -Materials,
-Work -practices, -and -Procedures to -ensure -compliance -with
company's -safety program.
- As -needed -develop -and -prepare -safety -work -instructions,
-procedures -and -job -hazard -analyses -(JHA's).
- Conduct -daily -audits -and -approval -of -Pre-task -plans -and
-job -hazard -analyses -(JHA's), including crane pick plans.
- Conduct -routine inspections -and -evaluate -the -environment,
-equipment -and -processes -in -working areas to ensure compliance
with government safety regulations and industry -standards.
- Develop an On-The-Job-Injury (OJI) protocol to include full
injury claims management -processes from initial and on-going
communications with Workers Comp carrier, injured -employee,
occupational medicine facility (or on-site first aid/nurse
facility) and treatment -specialist -i.e. -physical therapy, -thru
-to -closure -of -claim.
- Prepares site-safety administrative recordkeeping and other
administrative tasks as -needed, such as EHS meetings, Reports,
OSHA logs, Incident Review Board (IRB) reports and Audits.
- Address -and -document -all -Safety -violations -by -MEI
- Develops, maintains and provides ongoing safety and health
related training and required -certifications.
- Develops and implements programs intended to reduce or
eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial
losses. Manages the company's site-specific -safety, security,
health and environmental programs.
- Identifying and appraising conditions which could produce
accidents and financial losses - -and evaluating the potential
extent of resulting injuries.
- Develops -accident-prevention -and -loss-control -systems -and
-programs -to incorporate in the operational -policies -of -the
- Coordinates safety activities of regional office managers to
ensure implementation -throughout -organization.
- Compiles, -analyzes, -and -interprets -statistical -data
-related -to -exposure factors -concerning -occupational illnesses
and accidents and prepares reports. Develop and produce reports
-for -use -by management -concerning -safety, -security, -health
-and -environmental -issues.
- Develops -and -maintains -relationships -with -outside -firms
-and -organizations -such -as -vendors, -OSHA, -fire/police
- Process -new -employees - -Sign -new -employees -into -site
-specific -training. -Review MEI -handbook, -BKM's -& -JHA's -with
-them, -Assist -employees -with -site -badging -process.
- Conduct -safety -and -environmental -development
- Oversee the site-specific safety incentive program.What You
Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety, project construction
management, and any other related fields or equivalent years -of
- Minimum 5 years' proven EHS experience or experience preferably
within the heavy -construction industry.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in a leadership capacity
with proven experience -in developing and implementing strategic
site safety programs.
- Minimum -of -two -(2) -years' -experience -working -in -Excel
-and performing -data -entry.
- Current -OSHA -500/501 -documentation or -ability -to -obtain
-within -six -months. -Ideal Candidate Background and Skills: -
- Minimum -5 -years' -proven EHS -experience -in -a multi-site -&
- CHST, -ASP -or -CSP
- Crane and Rigging experience
Keywords: MEI Rigging and Crating, Lowell , Safety Manager, Executive , Salisbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!