Assistant Director of Fuel Assistance
Company: Community Teamwork
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Assistant Director of Fuel Assistance
Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in
your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private
non-profit organization with over 500 employees dedicated to
reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income
individuals and families.
At Community Teamwork our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial and emotional wellness.
- Casual work environment
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement and professional development
- 5% contribution to your 401K whether you participate on your
own or not.
- Great co-workers and a great mission with an outstanding
Community Action Agency
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Fuel Assistance who will
work under the direction of the Director of Fuel Assistance and
will be focused on helping families stay warm and to live in homes
that are energy efficient. Responsibilities include assisting with
the overall monitoring of program operations and assisting fuel
assistance staff with complex issues, while ensuring to maintain
the State and Federal guidelines in order to achieve program goals
- Assist Fuel Assistance Director with implementing, monitoring
and enhancing procedures, data collection and reporting including
evaluation and appropriate documentation of work
- Ensure staff compliance with contract guidelines, policies,
regulations, goals and objectives.
- Monitor and oversee the work of Client Services Representatives
for quality and thoroughness.
- Monitor and maintain accurate records of all payments and
distribution of funds to fuel vendors and clients.
- Provide advanced level support to clients and their families
with complex fuel assistance related issues. Provide advocacy,
support, and referral information and assist clients and families
to overcome barriers to become self-sufficient.
- May be responsible for training new staff members.
- Develop and submit reports to funders and Agency as
- Plan systems for effective outreach, intake, internal
processing and statistical reporting of program.
- May assist Fuel Assistance Director with developing and
implementing outreach plan(s) including materials, trainings, hours
of operation and monitoring for all volunteer intake
- May act as Agency liaison to various funding sources, community
programs and agency staff.
- Integrate a DE&I lens in all activities, encourage
colleagues to engage in DE&I work, and contribute to our
mission of building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive
organization for our employees, clients, and partners; requires
ongoing investment in a personal and professional journey to
understand identity and address unconscious bias, power, and
- Bachelor's Degree or four (4) years' experience may
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience working with low income
individuals or families required.
- Minimum of one-year assessment, advocacy and customer service
work in a Human Service field required.
- Ability to work effectively with and meet the needs of people
from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, and identities,
including underserved communities and people from the different
racial groups, socioeconomic statuses, nationalities, and languages
that make up CTI's clientele
- Ability to articulate program goals and policies to
participants, other community agencies, and vendors. Ability to
comprehend and work with complex governmental regulations.
- Experience working with low income families and federally
- Strong proven leadership and decision-making
- Experience in program planning and administration.
- Proficient computer skills required in basic computer software
and data collection systems.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal, oral
and written communication skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the participant
- Ability to maintain confidentiality within the
- Night and weekend work may be required as needed.
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Community Teamwork is committed to an equitable,
non-discriminatory, and anti-racist approach in all components of
our organizational structure and operations, including the job
application process. We recognize that people of underprivileged
backgrounds and underrepresented identities often are not afforded
equitable access to resources, opportunities, and professional
development. We offer professional development, training, and
tuition reimbursement opportunities to ensure that you and CTI are
set up for success. We encourage you to apply if you see an opening
that is exciting to you and include examples of your work that you
feel demonstrate your qualifications. Please feel free to speak to
all experiences, skills, and educational certifications that you
feel are relevant. We look forward to reviewing your
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status. Community Teamwork is a drug free work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of an
innovative team in an organization committed to excellence.
Keywords: Community Teamwork, Lowell , Assistant Director of Fuel Assistance, Executive , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!