Deputy Division Director of WIC & Energy
Company: Community Teamwork
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Deputy Division Director of WIC & Energy
Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in
your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private
non-profit organization with over 500 employees dedicated to
reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income
individuals and families.
At Community Teamwork our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial and emotional wellness.
- Casual work environment
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement and professional development
- 5% contribution to your 401K whether you participate on your
own or not.
- Great co-workers and a great mission with an outstanding
Community Action Agency
We are seeking a Deputy Division Director of WIC & Energy who is
responsible for planning, developing and overseeing the WIC Program
and Energy Programs.
- Responsible for the day to day development, direction, and
coordination of all activities of the WIC and Energy Programs to
include Fuel Assistance, Weatherization, HEARTWAP (Heating Systems
Repair and Replacement Program), Appliance Management Programs, and
WIC Program. Evaluate program effectiveness and make
recommendations for improvement of program operations.
- Integrate a DE&I lens in all activities, encourage
colleagues to engage in DE&I work, and contribute to our
mission of building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive
organization for our employees, clients, and partners; requires
ongoing investment in a personal and professional journey to
understand identity and address unconscious bias, power, and
- In conjunction with supervisory staff, create and manage
program budgets for all programs. Assist Division Director with the
planning and development of department budgets.
- Responsible for hiring, supervision, management and leadership
of staff. Coordinate all staff training and development
- Ensure that all programs meet all federal and state regulations
and requirements. Participate in relevant local, state and federal
policy and planning initiatives. Train staff on current rules,
regulations and procedures pertaining to WIC and Energy
- Develop and maintain linkages with a wide range of community
- Manage vendor relations and contract monitoring of all fuel
vendors (Gas, Electric, Oil, Wood, etc.). Advocate on behalf of
clients for restorations of utility services.
- Follow through with all funding source mandates to include
reports, outcome management, meeting assignments and
- In conjunction with supervisory staff and coordinators, develop
and implement outreach materials and plans, volunteer intake sites,
trainings, hours of operation and monitoring of schedules.
- Prepare monthly reports as required by the Division
- Establish goals for the programs as well as goals for
participants in the programs.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' management, administrative or supervisory
experience in leading an organization or related program
- Strong proven leadership and decision making
- Ability to maintain confidentiality within the
- Demonstrated ability to handle budgetary matters.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and work with complex
- Ability to effectively supervise, motivate and develop
- Ability to articulate program goals and policies to
participants, other community agencies, and vendors.
- Experience in program planning and administration.
- Proficient computer skills required in basic computer software
and data collection systems.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written
- Sensitivity to the needs of the participant
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish or English/Khmer) a
- Ability to work effectively with and meet the needs of people
from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, and identities,
including underserved communities and people from the different
racial groups, socioeconomic statuses, nationalities, and languages
that make up CTI's clientele.
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Community Teamwork is committed to an equitable,
non-discriminatory, and anti-racist approach in all components of
our organizational structure and operations, including the job
application process. We recognize that people of underprivileged
backgrounds and underrepresented identities often are not afforded
equitable access to resources, opportunities, and professional
development. We offer professional development, training, and
tuition reimbursement opportunities to ensure that you and CTI are
set up for success. We encourage you to apply if you see an opening
that is exciting to you and include examples of your work that you
feel demonstrate your qualifications. Please feel free to speak to
all experiences, skills, and educational certifications that you
feel are relevant. We look forward to reviewing your
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status. Community Teamwork is a drug free work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of an
innovative team in an organization committed to excellence.
Keywords: Community Teamwork, Lowell , Deputy Division Director of WIC & Energy, Executive , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!