Director Youth Homeless Services
Company: Community Teamwork
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in
your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private
non-profit organization with over 500 employees dedicated to
reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income
individuals and families.
At Community Teamwork our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial and emotional wellness.
- Casual work environment
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement and professional development
- 5% contribution to your 401K whether you participate on your
own or not.
- Great co-workers and a great mission with an outstanding
Community Action Agency
- 37.5 hour work week
The Director of Youth Homeless Services will be responsible for the
development, implementation, and management of youth and young
adult (YYA) programming. This position will oversee coordination of
services provided to YYA that are in crisis e.g. experiencing
housing, food, and/or workforce instability across the North
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's preferred.
- Familiarity with HUD/DHCD housing program regulations and
eligibility requirements preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to lead teams successfully
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage
on-going projects concurrently.
- Collect and analyze financial and other data following
guidelines to determine eligibility.
- Proficiency in math, Microsoft Office or similar technology
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Good negotiation and customer service skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse, low income populations.
Ability to manage several tasks at once.
- Sound judgment, demonstrated ability to handle emotionally
stressful situations and manage conflict.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work
proactively and independently in a diverse environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Desire to work with low income, culturally diverse, and at-risk
families and individuals.
- Bi-lingual skills (English/Spanish or English/Khmer)
- Develop, implement, and oversee essential programming for YYA
that are experiencing housing, food, and workforce
- Supervise and lead a team of managers across various service
- Collaborate and build partnerships with community stakeholders
focused on youth resources.
- Develop and monitor performance management systems.
- Oversee operations for the Youth Opportunity Center
- Monitor YYA data within agency databases and comply with
- Work with the Planning Department to identify, write, and
submit grants to enhance YYA programming.
- Implement and ensure compliance with funding and agency
- Partner with the Balance of State (BoS) and Executive Office of
Health and Human Services (EOHHS) to advocate for a regional
response to end youth homelessness.
- Convene regional partner meetings across the North Middlesex
- Leverage funding to create and enhance regional
- Follow customer service protocols and maintain consistent and
professional relationships vendors, participants, and
- Attend meetings and training as necessary.
- Respond to all correspondence in a timely manner.
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Community Teamwork is committed to an equitable,
non-discriminatory, and anti-racist approach in all components of
our organizational structure and operations, including the job
application process. We recognize that people of underprivileged
backgrounds and underrepresented identities often are not afforded
equitable access to resources, opportunities, and professional
development. We offer professional development, training, and
tuition reimbursement opportunities to ensure that you and CTI are
set up for success. We encourage you to apply if you see an opening
that is exciting to you and include examples of your work that you
feel demonstrate your qualifications. Please feel free to speak to
all experiences, skills, and educational certifications that you
feel are relevant. We look forward to reviewing your
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status. Community Teamwork is a drug free work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of an
innovative, outcome focused team in an organization committed to
Keywords: Community Teamwork, Lowell , Director Youth Homeless Services, Executive , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!