Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1900129
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Boston, MA
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Designs, develops, implements, maintains, and deploys Business Process
Management (BPM) applications according to specific needs and
requirements utilizing Appian. Analyzes technical, functional, and
business requirements for existing and new business workflows. Provides
business solutions by developing complex or multiple software
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
• Designs applications or subsystems on major projects and for/in
• Develops applications for multiple projects supporting several
• Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to
• Assists in the planning and conducting of user acceptance
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications
supporting several corporate initiatives.
• Responsible for post-installation testing of any problems.
• Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
• Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several initiatives.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in
the job offered or three (3) years of experience designing and
developing Business Process Management (BPM) applications and data
analytics to manage securities, portfolios, and index-related setup and
maintenance requests within an investment management environment.
Or, alternatively, Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and one (1)
year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of experience
designing and developing Business Process Management (BPM) applications
and data analytics to manage securities, portfolios, and index-related
setup and maintenance requests within an investment management
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) designing, building, and
maintaining business workflows using Business Process Management (BPM)
tool Appian for asset management compliance.
• DE integrating business processes with Robotic Process
Automation (RPA) using Blue Prism and leveraging shared components for
end-to-end workflow automation.
• DE developing integrated reporting solutions for BPM
applications, including data fetch and manipulation operations utilizing
MySQL and Appian Custom Data Types (CDTs), conducting performance
tuning, and writing SQL queries.
• DE customizing Appian plugins and developing new smart plugins
as per user specifications; and configuring operations dashboard to
monitor platform health for proactive identification of issues and to
To apply, visit https://fidelity.com/jobs and search job code 1900129.
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Lowell , Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1900129, Finance , Boston, MA, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!