Speech Language Pathologist
Company: RCM Health Care Services
Posted on: February 24, 2021
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
RCM Health Care Services
Speech-Language Pathologist, School District, (Massachusetts,
License, Required)Full-timeRemote, VirtualJob DescriptionThe
Speech-Language Pathologist will work to prevent, assess, diagnose
and treat speech, language, fluency, literacy, social
communication, and cognitive communication in children and
adolescents in school districts. The Speech-Language Pathologist
will also collaborate with principals, general education classroom
teachers, related service staff, school psychologists, parents,
paraprofessionals, and school district personnel to facilitate the
development of a comprehensive individualized education program
that will support students in the least restrictive environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide individual and/or group speech-language therapy to
students on an IEP to treat speech, language, fluency, literacy,
social communication, and cognitive communication disorders.
- Screen and administer evaluations, interpret and report on
standardized evaluations and informal assessments to establish
eligibility and inform service delivery.
- Provide speech and language consultations when necessary.
- Select individualized and evidence-based approaches to
- Use data to develop, implement and report on IEP goals and
- Attend and participate in IEP Team meetings.
- Collaborate with general education staff and related service
staff to monitor IEP implementation and assess student
- Provide high quality Speech/Language Therapy to students with
identified communication disabilities in grades
- Support general education teachers and members of the
multidisciplinary team in their efforts to provide high quality
instruction to students with language based disabilities (model
effective strategies, share resources, etc.).
- Conduct social skills groups.
- Pursue professional development that is specific to the field
and responsive to the needs of the student population.
- Maintain ongoing communication with parents.
- Adhere timelines for completion and submission of assessments
and other required documentation.
- Serve as special education liaison to students with
language/communication disabilities (coordinate services, oversee
IEP implementation, etc.).
- Participate in child find activities (Kindergarten Screening,
etc.) as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Student
- Masters Degree in Speech/Language Pathology
- Appropriate national and state certification as a
- DESE licensure preferred (Specialist Teacher:
Speech/Language/Hearing Disorders), if necessary based on the state
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a school settingCompensation
- Work remotely or in-person (varies on school district)
- Competitive wages, based on education and experience
- Telepractice training, if necessary
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- 401KContact InformationIf you would like to apply to the
position, please send a cover letter and resume to Kristina
Brigati, . If you have additional questions, please feel free to
text or call Kristina at . About RCM Health Care ServicesSince
1975, RCM Health Care Services has specialized in providing school
districts with equal access to Special Education services such as
Speech-Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy,
ABA Therapy, Behavioral and Mental Health services, Special
Education Teachers, Paraprofessionals as well as Nursing services
to many of the nation's top 100 school districts. Through years of
experience of focusing on an educationally based approach, RCM
Health Care Services understands exactly what school districts and
providers need to meet student IEP goals. We proudly hold the Joint
Commission Gold Seal of Approval as well. As a $200 million
publicly traded company, we have the reliability, integrity and
resources to meet the needs of students, staff and school districts
nation-wide. RCM Health Care Services believe all students deserve
the best education in order to be successful in the academic
environment, home environment and community. Our number one
priority is student success. Therefore, it is important we hire
exceptional Special Education staff that have the same mission and
values as RCM Health Care Services. Students' first. At RCM Health
Care Services, you are a valuable team member. We believe you are
important and we highly respect the knowledge and skills you have
in order to help students' be successful. If you have a passion for
students, student learning and the education field, we encourage
you to apply to RCM Health Care Services. We believe you will make
a big difference in the lives of children and adolescents. Please
Keywords: RCM Health Care Services, Lowell , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!