Lead Social Work/Clinician Lowell Adolescent PHP
Company: Bournewood Health Systems
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Partial Hospital Lead Clinician/LICSW - Lowell, MA**Sign-on
Bonus**Bournewood Health Systems is seeking a Partial Hospital Lead
Clinician to provide mental health and substance use treatment
services to adolescent and adults in a partial hospital program
setting in our Lowell facility. Under the supervision of the
Ambulatory Service Manager, the Lead Clinician is responsible for
coordinating all operational and clinical activities of the Mental
Health Partial Hospital program. Incumbent will oversee two partial
hospital programs and two intensive outpatient programs.
Responsibilities include: Developing and evaluating the group
program; evaluating staff; marketing and facilitating communication
with external referral sources; ensuring the programs meet the
requirements of accrediting and or regulatory agencies as well as
contracted insurers for clients admitted to the program; assessing
the effectiveness of treatment through quality monitoring care
delivered; supervises or delegates supervision to experienced
clinicians for all clinical and non-clinical staff for both adult
and adolescent programs; ensures the assignment of case managers
for all clients and that documentation of care meet standards
established within each program.
Bournewood Health Systems is a behavioral health organization with
a main campus in Brookline, MA and various satellite sites in
Woburn, Lowell, and Dedham. We are dedicated to providing quality,
evidence-based and person-centered treatment for people with mental
health and substance use conditions in a safe and respectful
environment in partnership with the individuals and families we
serve, focusing on support, hope and recovery. We are committed to
a philosophy and an environment of care in which we treat people
with dignity, respect and mutuality; protect their rights; provide
the best care possible; support them in returning to their natural
communities; and include patients and families as partners in their
treatment. We stand firmly for providing a safe and therapeutic
environment for patients, families and staff. All Bournewood
employees are continuously trained in this philosophy. All
candidates must be able and willing to promote the values of
trauma-informed and patient-centered care.
Qualifications: Independent licensed clinician. LICSW is required.
Advanced degree is required. Experience in mental health and
substance use treatment for adults and adolescents. Demonstrated
prior progressive leadership and management positions with
successful achievement of skills in both clinical and management
areas mandatory.Location: Lowell, MAPosition type: Full-time
immediate openingEducation Level: Masters degreeSalary:
Job DescriptionEssential Functions:
- Meets with patients as indicated to complete the written
assessment within 24 hours of patient admission.
- Utilizes information and assessment in developing an aftercare
plan based on needs.
- Assumes role of social worker for those patients assigned.
- Communicates findings and progress of individual sessions,
family therapy, and disposition planning to treatment team.
- Provides consultation to outpatient providers for patient and
involved agencies as needed.
- Advocates for and educates family about resources and agency
involvement to provide recommended levels of services upon
- Coordinates information and interventions between all
disciplines within the team
- Maintains daily progress notes in chart.
- Facilitates assigned group therapy and/or psycho-educational
- Initiates and updates treatment plans on assigned patients.
- When indicated, involves family and/or supports in aftercare
planning and educational interventions.
- When patient is involved in ongoing outpatient therapy,
initiates contact with outpatient therapist with patients
permission. Provides consultation to the outpatient therapist
during the patients PHP/IOP stay at a mutually agreed upon
- When a patient is involved with an agency or private treatment
program, initiates contact with appropriate providers.
- Makes recommendations for the level of care and structure
patient needs upon discharge and actively educates patients and
family (when indicated) with respect to those needs and identifies
resources for meeting the patients needs. Advocates for agency
involvement when necessary.
- When needed, organizes a meeting of all those providing
outpatient services to the patient before discharge.
- When child abuse or neglect is suspected, notifies the proper
authorities following Massachusetts Law and professional standards
of practice. When neglect or abuse of a disabled person and or the
elderly is suspected and disclosed directly to the social worker
s/he notifies the proper authorities following Massachusetts Law
and professional standards of practice.
- Maintains communications with and coordinates information and
interventions with team disciplines, including psychiatry, nursing
and rehabilitation services.
- Establishes aftercare appointments with providers and
communicates these to the patient and family. At times, these may
be more effectively organized by others and this will be
- Conducts utilization review on assigned cases
- Is responsible for initial assessments for each assigned
- Meets with other disciplines regarding patients treatment plan.
- Consults on an as needed basis with other team members around
issues of her/his expertise including case management.
- Coordinates drug screening for individuals as assigned
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Knowledge of major mental illness, i.e. schizophrenia and the
impact of family.
- Knowledge of developmental stages and clinical implications
- Knowledge and understanding of biological and sociocultural
changes influencing the aged (geriatric population), adults and
- Knowledge of chemical dependency treatment issues
- Knowledge of family systems dynamics
- Knows Hospital, department and Ambulatory policies and
procedures, JC, DMH, DPH and BSAS regulations regarding patient
rights and clinical interventions
- Is competent in delivering patient care that is trauma informed
and patient centered. As indicated by:
- An ability to provide care that is kind, collaborative and
- An ability to defuse power struggles
- An ability to assess clients for a history of trauma
- An ability to recognize/assess a range of trauma-related
behaviors or symptoms
- An ability to implement trauma-sensitive interventions with
- Must be able to walk between buildings
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to provide crisis intervention techniques when
- Must be able to use telephone
Reports to: PHP Coordinator Lowell
Keywords: Bournewood Health Systems, Lowell , Lead Social Work/Clinician Lowell Adolescent PHP, Healthcare , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!