Home Health Registered Nurse
Company: Tufts Medicine Care at Home
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Company DescriptionCare at Home is a proud member of Tufts
Medicine, a health system that is rethinking how academic and
community centers, local and national businesses, and technology
and service innovators can all work together. So that clinicians
can deliver expert care where it's needed most. And, so that we can
bring wellness back to health care, one person at a time.Job
DescriptionWhy Join Us? Benefits you will love, Generous earned
time package, Retirement plan with employer match, Tuition
reimbursement and More!Utilizing the nursing process, the Home
Health Registered Nurse will manage and deliver comprehensive home
health services to clients with various medical/surgical diagnoses
within their place of residence. Responsible for providing nursing
care to patients and education to families in their homes;
coordinates activities with other community and Agency staff and
carries out special activities on assignment.As a key member of the
health care team, the Home Health Registered Nurse must interact
courteously and effectively with patients and their families as
well as with co-workers from all Agency departments, community
resources, and with patients' physicians in order to facilitate
safe and efficient patient care.Essential Functions
- Assess and implement physical and psychosocial needs of the
patient following established Standards of Nursing Practice and VNA
- Assess and implement patient/family learning needs, style and
limitations and makes adjustments for delivery of information.
- Identify abuse and/or neglect and identifies reporting
mechanism per policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span.
- Possesses communications skills needed to effectively
understand patient's reactions or responses to treatment.
- Involves the patient in understanding and become involved in
the course of treatment.
- Collaborates with patient /family and other health care
providers and/or community resources with planning of care and
- Develops a realistic written plan of care toward measurable
- Develops and evaluates the plan of care in partnership with the
patient, representative (if any), and caregivers.
- Provides ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the
- Plans death at home when appropriate with patient/family and
other members of the health care team.
- Completes physicians' orders, levels of care, and OASIS on all
patients assigned, in accordance with patient care policies.
- Maintains and demonstrates a continuous awareness of the health
needs and resources of the community.Position Type:This is a Per
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Registration and current RN Licensure in the state of
Massachusetts and New Hampshire in good standing required (if
covering NH territory)
- CPR certification required unless ACLS certified.Additional
InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according
to EEO guidelines.AAP/EEO StatementCare at Home is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and dedicated to the goal of building a
diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the patient
population in which we serve. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law. Care at Home is especially interested in
candidates who, through their service, training and experience,
will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our health care
community.Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.
Keywords: Tufts Medicine Care at Home, Lowell , Home Health Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!