Human Resources Generalist - On-site / 9/80 Schedule!
Company: A.W. Chesterton Company
Posted on: January 25, 2023
OverviewFor over 130 years, A.W. Chesterton has been an
innovator and a knowledge provider for our industrial partners
around the globe. From our ground-breaking split seal technologies,
to our cutting-edge packing and lubricant solutions, we are
continually focused on new ways to bring solutions to our
customers, while also celebrating our own rich history and our
unique place in the sealing industry. -HR at Chesterton is not your
typical human resources group. Of course, they function as a
strategic partner to the business in all the usual HR areas
recruiting, employee relations, HRIS, Compensation and benefits.
But what distinguishes the group is their emphasis on programs
designed to grow and develop our employees. From specialized
work-groups designed to recommending improvements across the
company, to formal and informal mentorship programs, to scholarship
programs for employees children, HR at Chesterton values taking
care of our number one asset our people! Come grow your own career
while working with a fun, collaborative and flexible group of HR
- BCBS Medical Coverage
- Delta Dental
- PTO including vacation, sick time, 11 paid holidays, and paid
to time off to volunteer for causes
- Vacation buyback option
- Flexible work schedules, including fully remote and hybrid work
options for many jobs
- Vision insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- STD and LTD
- HSA Accounts to cover additional medical costs
- Parental leave for moms and dads to be
- A host of other fringe benefits including legal services, pet
insurance, Chesterton relief fund for employees in need, and more!
-Job Summary:The Human Resources Generalist provides tactical human
resources support to employees and all levels of management.
Responsible for supporting the organization by implementing and
administering human resources programs and policies across all
business situations. Provides tactical content in areas such as
employee relations, compensation, recruitment and retention, and
training. Responsible for implementation, measurement, and review
of key HR processes and ensuring that these processes are
administered consistently throughout all business groups.At
Chesterton, we have a laser-focus on the customer. This job impacts
the customer by ensuring standardized HR processes are harmonized
so that the customer can always be assured of working with the
best, most-highly trained employees in the business. -The position
is on-site 4 days per week and is on a 9/80 schedule, with every
other Friday or Monday off.Job Model: - On-SiteAll fully remote
positions will require you to travel on site 2-4 times per month
depending upon business needs at your own expense. -Hybrid
positions will require employees to work both on-site and remote
each week under a schedule that has been determined and agreed upon
by you and your manager. -On-Site positions will require employees
to work on-site for each of their scheduled shifts.
- Drive completion of HR process administrative transactions with
high level of efficiency, detail-orientation and follow through.
- Ensure that HR processes and procedures are consistently
communicated and administered throughout all business situations.
- Support the organization by implementing and administering
human resources programs or policies.
- This role is part of a 4 person employee-facing team
- Work collaboratively with HR central functions (compensation,
benefits, talent management, and talent acquisition) to address
- Recommend appropriate employee relations practices necessary to
establish a positive employer/employee relationship while promoting
a high level of employee morale.
- Collect and analyze internal and external information to
compare the organizations HR practices to those prevailing in the
- Ensure compliance to legal requirements and government
regulations affecting the Human Resources function and provide
appropriate information required for compliance.
- Complete personnel transactions and maintain associated
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor laws or regulations.
-Complexity of Duties:
- Position has corporate-wide responsibility.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple time
sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Makes decisions based on sound judgment.
- Accomplishes tasks through collaboration with HR Team and
- Handles basic issues and problems and refers more complex
issues to higher-level staff.
- Requires use and application of Human Resource concepts,
principles, and theories.
- Ability to generate potential solutions to a wide array of
problems and situations.
- Other duties as assigned -Essential Skills:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administrative skills and strong attention to detail are
critical. Every piece of paper in HR represents a big change in an
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational
skills, usually obtained from prior heavily administrative office
- Employment law knowledge and interest
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the
organization, internally and externally
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent presentation and motivational skills
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to Human
Resource regulations -Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years professional HR experience, or significantly-related
- Interest in U.S. and state employment law
- Understanding of HR best-practices and human development
theory/ organizational development/ adult development theory
-Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to
stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer printers, traffic) exists
daily in the work environment. -Disclaimer:A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERThe preceding job
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees within this classification. It
is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of employees assigned to this job. All requirements are
subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities. -All of A.W. Chesterton Company
employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background
check and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
-Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer - -M/F/V/D
Keywords: A.W. Chesterton Company, Lowell , Human Resources Generalist - On-site / 9/80 Schedule!, Human Resources , Groveland, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!