Company: Graphic Packaging International
Posted on: January 26, 2023
We are seeking a candidate to join our company as a Human Resources
Generalist. We offer outstanding opportunities for our employees to
advance their careers through on the job training and job
progression. These are skilled trade positions where our employees
build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry.
We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to,
Paid Vacation, Sick & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life
Insurance, health spending accounts as well as 401(k) with matching
funds. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto
Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac,
Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco
Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform
Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision from the Sr. Manager, Human
Resource, the Human Resource Generalist will support all facets of
human resources for the plant including recruiting, policy
interpretation, reporting of information, employee and labor
relations, benefits administration, hourly pay administration and
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not limited to the
HR Generalist Support
- Provides Human Resource generalist support in areas such as
staffing, employee relations, training/development, and other
- Monitor and provide necessary training and coaching to managers
and supervisors as needed.
- Complete day-to-day administration of human resource programs
including completing all the necessary paperwork to enroll,
terminate and modify employee records.
- Lead employee relations issues with plant management to affect
prompt and appropriate resolution.
- Administer company policies and helps to ensure alignment and
consistent application of policies,
- Directs the collection and preparation of routine and special
human resource reports.
- Provides assistance to employees and supervisors in solving
work-related problems and union grievances. Evaluates the issue and
meets with supervisors to determine effective remediation
techniques, such as job skills training or personal intervention,
to resolve human relations issues.
- Lead internal investigations related to employee
- Manages the internal job posting process to ensure timely
posting of open positions. Reviews all internal applications and
works with hiring manager to ensure proper placement of internal
- Source qualified candidates through advertising, approved
recruiters, and other recruiting sources.
- Interview and assist in the selection of qualified candidates
to fill approved positions. Coach managers on candidate
interviewing and selection. Analyzes job requirements making
recommendation of final selection.
- Manage hourly employment offer processes and all pre-employment
steps - references, background check, and drug screen - in
preparation for completing the hiring process.
- Follow through on all resumes and applications received for
open positions to ensure proper correspondence is sent to
applicants. Maintains applicant database.
- Performs new employee orientation to foster positive outlook
toward plant and company goals.
Employee Record Processing
- Oversees the off-boarding process. Prepare and process
- Complete transactions for all employee changes that represent a
change in status among which include promotions, transfers,
separations, approved leaves, etc.
- Process Human Resource Information System data to and always
maintain data integrity.
- Act as the on-site communications conduit for all corporate
internal communications. Print and post all required
communications, posters, etc., and facilitate distribution, as
Timekeeping / Payroll Processing
- Provide backup support for weekly time keeping and payroll
processing. Print and audit reports as necessary.
- Completes secondary review of all timecards to ensure all are
properly completed and authorization, report any violations or
issues to plant management.
- Routinely audit employment law postings for accuracy and
adherence to established guidelines and applicable federal and
state laws. Conducts investigations as assigned.
- Monitors and maintains EEOC/Affirmative Action Plan and other
legal records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conduct periodic audits and report audit findings and make
recommendations for correction of unsatisfactory conditions, or
improvements related to compliance.
- Manage site's EEO/Affirmative Action Policy and maintains
necessary records and reports.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing,
spreadsheets, HRIS systems
- Work involves confidential and sensitive information.
Discretion is essential.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail
orientation, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed with a demonstrated ability to implement creative
solutions while working under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of
employees and management.
- This role requires an individual to quickly change and adapt to
- 3+ years of human resources experience in a union plant
environment preferred / highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree in business management or related field, or
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred/highly desirable
- HR Policy and Procedure Knowledge
- Labor and Employment Law (NLRB, EEO, ADA, AA, FMLA, etc.)
- Recruiting and staffing practices
- Multiple HR disciplines
- Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from
regular, evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors,
working with challenging clients and so forth.
At Graphic Packaging International, we produce the paper cup that
held your coffee this morning, the basket that transported those
bottles of craft beer you enjoyed last weekend, and the microwave
tray that heated your gourmet meal last night. We're one of the
largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for
some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage,
foodservice, household, personal care and pet products.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are collaborative, diverse,
innovative individuals who create inspired packaging while giving
back to our communities. With over 25,000 employees working in more
than 130 locations worldwide, we strive to be environmentally
responsible in our industry and in the communities where we
operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer
compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's
best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd
love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates
will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job
in question. We do not base our employment decision on an
employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic
information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis
prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the
Poster, EEO is the Law.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging International, Lowell , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!