Principal Software Engineer (REMOTE)
Posted on: November 18, 2022
In our 'always on' world, we believe it's essential to have a
genuine connection with the work you do.With a solid foundation in
field-proven device and network monitoring, management, and
analytic technologies, CommScope's Service Assurance software
product portfolio allows service providers to provide an optimum
end-user broadband experience with solutions for carrier
operations, help desk, and subscriber self-help. Our software
engineering team's mission is to be a highly adaptable product
delivery organization that is reliable, and efficient, cultivates
innovation, and emphasizes continuous learning and improvement. The
work environment is tailored to software engineers working in an
Agile environment.As a principal-level Software Engineer at
CommScope, you will work with a variety of technologies and
groundbreaking products. You will analyze, develop, design, and
maintain software for CommScope products and systems.
Responsibilities include:How You'll Help Us Connect The World
- Crafting and developing software features that tackle market
problems within project schedule deadlines
- Working with product management to clarify requirements and
review software design proposals to meet market needs
- Ensuring quality of the system through comprehensive unit
testing and collaborating with quality assurance engineers to
enable detailed system testing
- Creating work breakdowns and estimates for new projects.
- Contributing to organization culture, disciplines, process &
toolsRequired Qualifications for Consideration
- 8+ years of software product development experience in a Linux
distributed applications environment
- Highly proficient in Java programming language with in-depth
knowledge of common design paradigms in object-oriented programming
(OOP) including APIs and data structures.
- Experience using some but not all - Spring Framework, Spring
Boot, Kafka, Apache Spark, Maven and Database concepts.
- Strong knowledge of network programming, including Sockets,
TCP/IP, UDP, and related networking protocolsYou Will Excite Us If
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer,
Software Engineering or a similar degree program
- Ownership of software module and technical lead to a small team
of junior developers.
- Exposure to cloud native architecture and hands on experience
with Microsoft Azure or AWS cloud deployments.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes and deploying containerized
- Exposure to Telecom / Cable network management applications and
design, including SNMP experience
- Familiarity with web service and related protocols (ex. REST,
- Understand database design, experience using NoSQL or SQL
- Experience with design, development, troubleshooting, and
performance tuning of large-scale distributed applications.
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to
mentor junior developers. -Anticpated salary range dependent on
experience and qualifications: $113500 - $181300 / yearAnticipated
-#LI-JR1 - -Why CommScope:CommScope is on a quest to deliver
connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. -Our
employees push the boundaries of communications technology that
enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things,
and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. -With our unmatched
expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global
clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs
of tomorrow. -
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and
caring people who strive to create what's next---..come connect to
your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people
with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation
for the application or interview process, please contact us to
submit your request at email@example.com. You can
also learn more about CommScope's accommodation process and EEO
policy at careers.commscope.com/eeoReq ID 73322
Keywords: CommScope, Lowell , Principal Software Engineer (REMOTE), IT / Software / Systems , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!