Per Diem School Nurse (On-Call)
Company: Lowell Community Charter Public School
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Per Diem School Licensed Practical
Nurse (LPN) On Call Sub
Director of Student Support Services and/or her designee
JOB GOAL: To assist in
providing a healthy school setting for children. To provide first
aid when needed and to monitor and enforce health related laws,
codes and immunization requirements.
This position is for an on-call substitute for our
school nurse department.
- Administer medications following
school policies. Provide minor first aid to all
- Review health and immunization
records for compliance.
- Coordinate annual health
screenings; provide health screenings for head lice.
- Provide classroom health education when
- Plan with Registered Nurse, procedures
for the ill.
- Establish safe school clinic
- Provide annual CPR and Blood borne
Pathogens training for employees.
- Complete health evaluations of students as required by school
policy, Department of Public Health, or DESE.
- Consult with students, administrators, teachers and other staff
as needed, to explain health assessments or other medical
- Assist students, families, and staff in locating and accessing
appropriate health services.
- Provide necessary services to help students and staff in case
- Maintain health records and files.
- Complete health assessments, as required.
- Work cooperatively with other health professionals and agencies
in the delivery of services.
- Complete follow up on accident reports with students and
- Advice supervisor on medical or health related issues on an
- Complete plans, reports, and other documentation, as may be
required by policy or regulation.
- Must have a valid MA LPN
- Current CPR/First Aid
- Knowledge of appropriate policies,
regulations, and statutes
- Ability to adapt to changes and
work priorities, maintain confidentiality, work as part of a team
and working with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work and communicate with a community
with a significant diversity of individuals and/or
with a variety of data; and utilize job-related equipment and
programs, including word processing and databases.
- Establishing and maintaining effective
relationships, especially with school age children; displaying tact
and courtesy with students, staff, parents and
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Lowell Community Charter Public School, Lowell , Per Diem School Nurse (On-Call), Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!