Middle School Social Studies Teacher- Anticipated 2021-22
Company: Lowell Community Charter Public School
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are a vibrant community of 815 K1-8 grade students,
families and staff. We are proud to serve the diverse communities
of Lowell. Our school represents many nations of Central and South
America, Central Africa, and SouthEast Asia.
The mission of Lowell Community Charter Public School is to
graduate creative, confident and independent thinkers, global
citizens and leaders who give back to their community. We will
provide a comprehensive education giving students the knowledge,
skills and ways of thinking that ensure their success in high
school and preparation for the opportunity to go on to college. We
expect our students to strive for excellence in academic
achievement and personal conduct within a joyful, supportive
culture. The diversity within our students, staff, families and
community and the many nations from which we come is a source of
strength and an opportunity for learning.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL
- Plan, prepare and deliver a quality instructional program based
upon state standards, curriculum, and effective instruction to
students with diverse learning needs.
- Believes that smart is something everyone can get.
- Teaches content and skills in subject area to students
utilizing curriculum designated by the LCCPS.
- Participate in meetings and work collaboratively on
- Teach students of the full range of abilities and
- Contribute to the development of the curriculum, instructional
materials, assessment tools, and lesson plans according to the
needs of students of differing ages, levels, and abilities ranging
from beginning English-language learning to advanced proficiency in
- Plan and provide clear and intentional focused instruction
using state standards, subject matter content, curriculum and
- Supports all students including students who are linguistically
diverse and who have an IEP or 504 plan.
- Collaborates with other faculty
- Models and fosters independent thinking skills, creative
problem solving, and abstract reasoning
- Build strong relationships with all students
- Recognize individual student learning needs and develop
strategies to address those needs for the purpose of promoting
- Implement effective teaching practices for the purpose of
facilitating achievement for each student.
- Uses multiple student data sources for the purpose of assessing
student progress, modifying instruction, and improving student
- Communicate, collaborate and build positive relationships with
parents for the purpose of fostering student success and
- Foster and manage a safe, positive learning environment for the
purpose of promoting effective student behavior and success.
- Participate in meetings for the purpose of implementing school
initiatives and addressing student needs.
- Implement and comply with School policies and the Code of
- Leads Morning Meeting/Advisory meetings/Restorative Circles
several times a week with students.
- Plan and deliver an enrichment block several times a week.
- Deliver Leader in Me curriculum one time per week.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Valid MA State certification with appropriate
- Successful and recent experience as a school teacher in the
posted subject area preferred.
- Second language or language acquisition background
- Experience working with students from diverse SES backgrounds
and cultures, preferred
The Lowell Community Charter Public
School is committed to creating an environment of
inclusion cross-geography and across traditional lines of
differences, without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, or age.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Lowell Community Charter Public School, Lowell , Middle School Social Studies Teacher- Anticipated 2021-22, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!