Sr Manufacturing Engineer I
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast
resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to
solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges -
together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger
impact on the big picture.
Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space
and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by
Raytheon employees around the globe and a culture that empowers
employees and celebrates their contributions. Join our diverse and
dynamic team, where you will work in a place that is respectful and
inclusive to solve some of the world's toughest technical
Raytheon Supplier Engineers are involved in all aspects of planning
and executing the design and production of our wide range of weapon
systems, from tactical missiles to strategic defense products.
Supplier Engineers provide technical knowledge & process capability
expertise to assess and improve supplier performance. Supplier
Engineers are involved in all phases of the product life cycles.
Beginning with proposal and requirements development, new product
and supplier development, advanced manufacturing initiatives and
continuing through production implementation. Supplier Engineers
ensure technical data packages are complete and accurate and that
the supplier's technical performance meets the objectives of
quality, cost and schedule. Supplier Engineers drive Raytheon
design requirements to improve manufacturing and quality
capabilities of suppliers. Supplier Engineers initiate continuous
and measureable design and process improvement of supplier hardware
RMD needs to fill a current Supplier Engineer role to manage
suppliers that fall within the Radar Section of the Land, Air and
Sea (LAS) department of RMD SE. The products and suppliers covered
by this Mission area typically include complex machined parts,
cable assemblies, CCA's, composite assemblies, command and control
systems, as well as various Radar sub-assemblies and systems. We
offer competitive pay and benefits including relocation packages.
This position is located in Andover, MA.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Communicate and translate the technical data package to
- Leading program teams through the execution of the Sourcing
Risk Filter on the program's Bill of Material to identify /
prioritize risks and develop a Supplier Assessment Plan.
- Leading requirements understanding engagements with the supply
base to mitigate technical and performance risk
- Define, communicate and verify configuration requirements
- Conduct supplier engagements related to capability, capacity,
opportunity and risk
- Ensure product and process capability across the supplier's
value stream, including sub-tiers
- Identify and mitigate vulnerabilities within the supplier's
- Perform technical evaluations in support of cost and price
- Manage supplier requests for product and process changes
- Manage product non-conformances; Drive root cause and
- Proactively identify supplier risk and develop the mitigation
- Prioritize and execute improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with "EOSQP" (Engineering, Operations, Supply
Chain, Quality and the Programs) to drive supplier performance to
- Actively participate in program / engineering reviews and
- Communicate the technical health of our suppliers to
- The role may require travel to domestic supplier facilities,
approximately 6-8 times per year, 3-4 days per trip.
- This position can be a Salary Grade
G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as
they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility
requirements for the position
The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S.
citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering disciplines, hard science,
mathematics, or physics
- Four (4) years' experience in a STEM and/or Program/Production
- Experience positively representing your employer during
interactions with customers or suppliers
- Experience reviewing and interpreting engineering or other
technical documentation related to technical requirements of
procured parts, including Statements of Work (SOW)
- Experience working directly with suppliers in the supply base
with products in the technologies listed in the job
- Work experience with Microsoft Office suite or similar software
- U.S. Citizenship
Qualifications We Value:
What We Offer
- Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines.
- 2+ years of program leadership experience, with a demonstrated
knowledge of business development and financial program
- Self-motivated with good oral and written communication
- Supplier Management experience with demonstrated supplier
problem resolution skills
- Experience with manufacturing, testing, design, and development
of the type of products described previously
- Experience supporting business and functional deliverables
- Experience performing supplier assessments
- Excellent phone etiquette, outstanding written and verbal
communication skills, and outstanding organizational and
- Familiarity of Export/Import regulations
- The ability to proactively anticipate and identify needs and
expectations of department and integrate into work process
- Experience in requirements and interface development
- Experience in Statement of Work (SOW) generation
- 5+ years of experience interfacing and communicating with all
levels within an organization as well as with a large external
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team based
- Experience working in a dynamic environment where work was
planned, organized and prioritized
Security Clearance Requirements:
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or
maintenance of a Secret security Clearance. Non-US citizens may not
be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial
Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of
Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process.
Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to,
allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference,
criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be
obtained by accessing the DISCO website at
Check us out on YouTube!
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S.
Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export
- Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are
an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards
package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare,
wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, Lowell , Sr Manufacturing Engineer I, Other , Byfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!