Company: Lowell General Hospital
Posted on: June 6, 2021
# Position Summary Under supervision of the Property Manager and
the Off-Site Lead Generalist the Offsite HVAC Mechanic will
maintain the LGH Off-site property HVAC systems and perform
multi-trade work including carpentry, painting, drywall repair and
minor projects # Job Duties: Initial response to HVAC calls and
handyman tasks such as light bulb and ceiling tile replacement.
Snow removal including plowing, shoveling and/or working outdoors
in extreme weather may also be required # Must maintain current
knowledge, licenses and training in the applicable areas including
installation and maintenance of air conditioning, heating and
refrigeration systems and their ancillaries. # # The position
requires self-direction and will include being on the road and
taking breaks and having lunch at the then current work location. #
The Off-site Lead Generalist will also manage scheduling work and
maintaining the work order system for the off-site group # This
position requires the ability to work cooperatively with LGH Staff,
tenants and vendors. # Flexibility in shifts to perform work after
business hours to minimize overtime will be encouraged and overtime
may be mandatory at times. Rotating to 3pm # 11pm for 1 week every
2 to 3 months may be required # This position requires
participation in the rotating on-call for Off-Site after-hours
response and carrying a smartphone at all times. # Assist at the
campuses as needed # Must respond to the SRC in timely Manner #
Requirements: Minimum of five years prior experience in working
with heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. High school
diploma or equivalent required. Knowledge and ability generally
acquired from a recognized technical HVAC and refrigeration school.
Current certification as a Universal Technician. HVAC experience in
a commercial setting required. Valid Drivers License Required. #
What We Offer:# Competitive salaries # benefits 403(b) retirement
with company match Tuition reimbursement Free on-campus parking #
About Lowell General Hospital # Lowell General Hospital is an
independent, not-for-profit community hospital serving the Greater
Lowell area and surrounding communities.##With two primary campuses
located in Lowell, Massachusetts, we are the second largest
community hospital in Massachusetts and are proud to be a Magnet
hospital. We are also a proud member of Circle Health. Circle
Health embodies the promise to deliver an experience of#Complete
connected care#SM##to ensure that no matter where an individual is
in the continuum of health, he or she will realize the benefit that
derives from a truly seamless, coordinated and personal experience.
Thanks to our team#s efforts, Lowell General Hospital continues to
be recognized regionally and nationally for the quality of care we
provide as well as being an employer of choice.##In fact, Lowell
General Hospital was honored for the fifth year in the#Boston
Business Journal#s Best Places to Work! Lowell General Hospital is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Perform both routine and complex inspection, repairs and
- Install a/c systems, steam absorption equipment and
- Use of manuals, specifications, blueprints, hospital layouts,
schematic wiring and pneumatic drawings. Incumbent inspects repairs
and maintains the Energy Management System (EMS) and related HVAC
- Air quality response and documentation.
- Fume Hood certification.
- Installation & programming of isolation rm.'s, using automation
- Trace building systems for new construction, engineering &
- Maintenance of chillers, including bearing inspections, oil
changes, filter changes & maintenance of pressure switches and
- Retrofitting existing refrigeration equipment to meet EPA
- Must have Universal Certification from EPA.
- Assist in coordinating Hospital projects with inside & outside
- Maintain & service multi-stage ultra-low temp, Freezers
- Scan & modify Johnson Controls Metasys Automation System to
provide the daily needs of Hospital patients & staff.
- Ability to read drawings.
- General knowledge of brazing, soldering, and welding.
Analytical ability to evaluate data obtained from test equipment,
perform routine calculations and design specifications, identify
the cause of a problem to determine a solution in large complex
a/c, refrigeration and air handling systems and to provide cost
estimates for new systems or replacements.
- Ability to install complete a/c refrigerant piping system
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials and supplies as necessary in the performance of
duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operations,
faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow furnished safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as required or as directed by
- Submit daily reports of work completed for review and
- Submit assigned Preventative Maintenance Planned Work Orders
within assigned timeframe.
- Respond either by phone or in person to Daily Demand Work
Orders produced by Service Response System.
Keywords: Lowell General Hospital, Lowell , HVAC Mechanic, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!