Per Diem School Nurse (On-Call)
Company: Lowell Community Charter Public School
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Per Diem School Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) On Call Sub
Reports to: Director of Student Support Services and/or her
JOB GOAL: To assist in providing a healthy school setting for
children. To provide first aid when needed and to monitor and
enforce health related laws, codes and immunization
This position is for an on-call substitute for our school nurse
- Administer medications following school policies. Provide minor
first aid to all students.
- Review health and immunization records for compliance.
- Coordinate annual health screenings; provide health screenings
for head lice.
- Provide classroom health education when asked.
- Plan with Registered Nurse, procedures for the ill.
- Establish safe school clinic procedures.
- Provide annual CPR and Blood borne Pathogens training for
- Complete health evaluations of students as required by school
policy, Department of Public Health, or DESE.
- Consult with students, administrators, teachers and other staff
as needed, to explain health assessments or other medical
- Assist students, families, and staff in locating and accessing
appropriate health services.
- Provide necessary services to help students and staff in case
- Maintain health records and files.
- Complete health assessments, as required.
- Work cooperatively with other health professionals and agencies
in the delivery of services.
- Complete follow up on accident reports with students and
- Advice supervisor on medical or health related issues on an
- Complete plans, reports, and other documentation, as may be
required by policy or regulation.
- Must have a valid MA LPN certification
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Knowledge of appropriate policies, regulations, and
- Ability to adapt to changes and work priorities, maintain
confidentiality, work as part of a team and working with frequent
- Ability to work and communicate with a community with a
significant diversity of individuals and/or groups;
- Work with a variety of data; and utilize job-related equipment
and programs, including word processing and databases.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships,
especially with school age children; displaying tact and courtesy
with students, staff, parents and guardians.
Keywords: Lowell Community Charter Public School, Lowell , Per Diem School Nurse (On-Call), Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!