Die Inspector - Automated Optical Die Inspector- Second Shift
Posted on: June 7, 2021
MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data
Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications.
Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers
and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM
is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and
ISO14001 environmental management standard.
MACOM has more than 65 years of application expertise with
multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication,
manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities
throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Click here to view our
facilities. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that
represents a key core competency within our business.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales
channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales
representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team
is trained across all of our products to give our customers
insights into our entire portfolio.
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital status or veteran status or any other legally protected
Automated Optical Die Inspector
Located in Lowell, MA, this Automated Optical Inspector shall be
part of the Die Business team reporting into the Die Business
Manager. The inspector shall perform automated optical inspection
(AOI) on semiconductor wafers and die to ensure MIL-STD 883 and
customer specification compliance.
- Use of AOI equipment to perform wafer and die inspection. Must
be comfortable and familiar with setting up and running automated
inspection equipment (August, Rudolph, Onto).
- Capable of using digital and optical microscopes and other die
- Handle semiconductor wafers and die in clean room environments
- Visually inspect wafer and die to customer criteria and
MIL-STD's at wafer and die level (commercial, Class S, Class K as
- Capable of binning similar wafer/die defects
- Capable of interpreting electronic wafer maps
- Familiarity with FOD, contamination and ESD management
- Disposition the material based on the specification and
- Train other die inspectors on that disposition
- Generate defect images and pareto charts (Excel use) to provide
feedback to upstream processing (closed loop feedback)
- Knowledge of wafer, microelectronic and hybrid assembly
processes and manufacturing processes (wafer probe testing, wafer
singulation, wafer cleaning and automated wafer pick and
- Use ERP, shop floor control systems and automated tracking
tools to status daily production (SAP, Eyelit).
- Attend meetings to provide yield data and contribute to defect
root cause analysis and potential corrective actions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous AOI experience preferred.
- Must be able to sit for a long period of time working in a
- Must be able to work under a microscope for an extended period
of time - optical and digital
- Able to work independently.
- Must pay attention to details, being meticulous.
- Must be well-organized and detail oriented
- Must know MIL-STD 883 details and learn customer specific
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent, fluent in written English.
Associates degree preferred.
- Comfortable working with automated equipment (AOI, digital
microscopes, die - pick and place)
- +2 years of previous semiconductor inspection experience
- Computer skills and knowledge in MS Office (Excel)
- Prior work experience in a lean manufacturing/5S environment a
- US citizen or permanent resident required due to ITAR
- Familiarity with die sorting pick and place equipment (manual,
semi and full auto) a plus
Keywords: MACOM, Lowell , Die Inspector - Automated Optical Die Inspector- Second Shift, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!