WIC Program Assistant
Company: Community Teamwork
Posted on: June 9, 2021
WIC Program Assistant
Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in
your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private
non-profit organization with over 400 employees dedicated to
reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income
individuals and families.
CTIs WIC Program Assistant will be part of a team that is
focused on helping families to meet their nutrition goals. This
individual will perform income assessment and certification, issue
vouchers for healthy foods and support family needs through
referrals. Responsibilities include:
Perform reception duties such as:
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Screen applicant inquiries for eligibility.
- Referrals to other health and social services.
- Manage appointment scheduling/rescheduling including reminder
- Greet and triage participants to appropriate staff.
- Oversee flow of applicants/participants in waiting area.
- Clerical duties as required.
- Follows all protocols and/or regulations for processing
applicants/participants for (re)certification including:
- Verification of identity, income, residency, and participant
category. Complete data entry for (re)certification.
- Educate and/ or explain participants rights and
responsibilities, WIC foods, and using benefits at authorized
- Referrals to MassHealth, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance
Program (SNAP), and Transitional Aid to Families of Dependent
Children (TAFDC) programs as well as other health and human service
- Provide notification for end of certification, missed benefits,
and/or ineligibility to receive WIC benefits.
- Oversees benefit issuance for prescribed food prescription
- (Re)issuing of food/formula prescription benefits.
- Security of WIC Card stock.
- Performs other duties as needed, including quality assurance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One years general office experience with proficient computer
- Experience in health care or community facility preferred.
- Bilingual skills English/Khmer, English/Portuguese, or
- Availability to work at multiple WIC sites and during program
clinic hours, as needed.
CTI offers a comprehensive benefits package including, Medical,
Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Tuition Reimbursement and a 5%
contribution to your 401K, 11 paid Holidays, 4 weeks of Paid Time
Off, paid sick leave and much more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status. Community Teamwork is a drug free work
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of
an innovative, outcome focused team in an organization committed to
Keywords: Community Teamwork, Lowell , WIC Program Assistant, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!