IT Helpdesk Specialist - Networks Support
Company: Chesterton Global Solutions
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Who We Need:
You have experience providing inside technical support and you
love solving problems!
You're always looking for ways to improve systems and the way
users interact with them.
You can explain technical concepts in a manner that is
understandable to users of all levels.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring
your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
- With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still
- That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who
know your name
- That has a significant global environmental impact with
products and services that prevent and reduce industrial
- That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to
- That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a
fast path to success
- That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee
recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring
program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship
program for children of employees and many more!
- That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working
together to bring world-class service to our Customers every
Check out our formal job description below:
Provides Help Desk support for remote and local LAN based
systems including, but not limited to Laptops, Desktops, security
and network access. At least 60% of the daily work is focused on
Desk support which entails troubleshooting user issues, and
answering general questions. The remaining 40% of work can be
divided into project based work dedicated to a small group of
software projects, or platforms, focused on a particular group
needing specific support. Example can be CRM, SharePoint, MAC and
or Tablet Based systems. Specific task direction is provided by the
Supv. Network Administration or the Network Architect. However,
some work may be given by a project manager during a specific
- End-user Help Desk support for standard Windows Operating
Systems on workstations, laptops, wi-fi devices, tablets and some
server environments (as training allows).
- Support for Chesterton Information Technology and Business
Systems Group developed software as well as Microsoft platform
systems like Microsoft Office and specific products (as per
- Provide project related support to Supv. Network Administration
and Network Architect. Some support will be needed for specifically
agreed to projects with the Business Systems Group and their
Project Management Office.
- Support and report on user and system activity for the
Corporate: E-Mail, Wide Area Network, Security VPN, Active
Directory, VoIP phone system, and Microsoft Dynamics Environments
on a global basis.
- Liaison with departments utilizing specialty software (ie.
Engineering UG, Smart Maintenance, Purchasing Sentinel, HRIS,
Payroll, Time and Attendance, beta testing software, Blackberry
services, TM1, Tablet iPad and Android)
- Maintain or create installation instructions for specialty
- Maintain or create installation instructions for standard
- Maintain Ethernet and Wireless Networking environments.
- Attend network conferences and trade shows as recommended.
- Provide support to Network Support Specialists when
- Provide second level support to end users where able.
- Actively utilize Help Desk software and maintain the Help Desk
- Maintain and troubleshoot end-user hardware and software.
- Work on cross-functional teams when required.
- This specific role/function is subject to our On-Call Policy
and may be required to remain available during off-schedule hours
to support the business needs.
Complexity of Duties
- Works with minimum supervision, decisions are made based on
pre-established policies and procedures.
- Special instructions given for new assignments.
- Higher level of authority necessary when working beyond
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Experience with Servers, PC's, Windows, MS Office, E-Mail,
Ethernet, and software, Windows operating systems, Mac,
iPad/iPhone, Android systems and network faxing.
- Experience with Cisco equipment in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret specialty software
installation instructions and manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Education and/or Experience
- 4 year college degree, equivalent experience or significant
- 5+ years experience with network/PC support.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) for Windows or
Exchange. CompTIA, Network+, A+, Security+ highly recommended
- Maintenance of basic certifications will be stressed for this
job to maintain currency in the technology
Other Skill and Abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All
requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon
successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the
respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
Keywords: Chesterton Global Solutions, Lowell , IT Helpdesk Specialist - Networks Support, Other , Groveland, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!