Developer and Asset Manager
Company: Community Teamwork
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Developer and Asset Manager
Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in
your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private
non-profit organization with over 500 employees dedicated to
reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income
individuals and families.
In addition to fully utilizing your skills, Community Teamwork
offers opportunities for continued professional development and
career growth. Great teams, a competitive salary and well above
average benefits including a generous contribution to employee 401k
plans make Community Teamwork a highly regarded employer.
We are seeking a Developer and Asset Manager who will be
responsible for real estate development and property management.
Responsibilities include building and overseeing development teams
and property management functions and for selecting and overseeing
the CGDAC portfolio including the performance of the outside
property management firm and the selection and oversight of project
team members for development projects. The position requires strong
project management skills and an ability to work well with others
across an interconnected organizational environment. The
development and advancement of a project pipeline is central to
- Financial modeling for project development and operating
- Identify and secure pre-development financing and manage
- Assemble state, local and tax credit applications and resources
for new projects and rehabilitations of existing properties.
- Assist with prospective developments and acquisitions by
evaluating financial feasibility, structuring debt and equity
sources that advance the CGDC mission and achieve local and state
- Assemble project development teams, and manage vendor contracts
(architectural, environmental, engineering, etc.).
- Develop presentations and other communications about
- Assemble permitting and regulatory review applications.
- Develop and maintain relationships with City and Town
permitting and housing staff, financing agencies, and lenders.
- Hold primary responsibility for multiple projects and for other
aspects of property management at the same time.
- Prepare regular updates and reports to the Board of Directors
and Asset Management Committee.
- Assure timely reporting to third parties.
- In conjunction with CFO Prepare and review draft budgets,
review draft audits and assure timely delivery of audits and tax
returns to investors/lenders.
- Create and direct capital needs planning and implementation
with property management firm.
- Assure annual update of management plans.
- Establish/implement refinancing strategies, as appropriate and
- Gather and interpret key market data regularly to inform
potential repositioning/refinancing/sales opportunities.
- Monitor vacancy rates, cash flows, replacement reserves and
capital improvement plans with property management company.
- Evaluate the impact of owner guarantees/obligations on the
organization and the parent organization.
- Track actual property performance against the initial pro
Successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelors Degree or at least five years of experience in real
estate finance and development, or community development.
- Experience with state and federal housing programs, funding and
policies, preferably in Massachusetts. Experience with various
affordable housing funding programs, such as the Low Income Housing
Tax Credit (LIHTC), HOME, CPA, CDBG, Section 8, and Section 202,
and a proven track record in securing such funding for
- Strong project management skills and an ability to work well
with others across an interconnected organizational
- Strong real estate related financial skills with experience
creating and managing a complex development proforma.
- Knowledge and proficiency in securing local, state, federal and
private debt and equity financing.
- Excellent oral and written communication, technological, and
- A knowledge of state and local land use, zoning and permitting
regulations and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and achieve outcomes.
- Team management skills and experience.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- Strong strategic and mission focus, the demonstrated ability to
solve problems, suggest new ideas, and move tasks forward.
- Ability to advance sound not for profit real estate development
principles, so that projects are highly innovative and successfully
balance mission, feasibility, and risk.
- Casual work environment
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement and professional development
- 5% contribution to your 401K whether you participate on your
own or not.
- Great co-workers, a supportive environment and a great mission
with an outstanding Community Action Agency
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status. Community Teamwork is a drug free work
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of
an innovative, outcome focused team in an organization committed to
Keywords: Community Teamwork, Lowell , Developer and Asset Manager, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!