Company: St. Paul's School
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include
the following. Other duties may be assigned at the discretion
of employee’s supervisor.
- Sweep, mop, and scrub floors, stairs, and other surfaces, both
manually and with machines; periodically strip and wax floors.
- Wash interior walls by hand or with powered machines; working
on ladders as required.
- Wash interior and exterior window surfaces, including both
glass and trim.
- Clean window coverings, including blinds and shades.
- Clean and service restrooms, bath and shower areas.
- Collect and dispose of trash and debris.
- Clean and dust furniture, exhibit cases, pictures, boards,
- Vacuum carpets, and shampoo periodically.
- Maintain cleaning equipment.
- Maintain and clean exterior entranceways; including snow
removal (using an electric snow brush) from entranceways &
application of ice melt to all appropriate surface areas.
- Assist with School functions; including setup of furniture and
- Initiate work orders for maintenance and repairs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and
related work experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning and custodial methods and
- Ability to work independently on given tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious work relationships
with other employees, students, faculty and their families.
The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- general vision
- general mobility
- climb stairs and ladders
- move furniture
- regularly lift and carry up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and
carry up to 50 pounds
- stoop and kneel
- handle and operate cleaning tools and machines
Keywords: St. Paul's School, Lowell , Custodian, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!