Company: UFP Technologies
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Description About UFP Technologies: UFP Technologies is an
innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components,
subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical
market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP
converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency
welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by
also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the
aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and
industrial markets.UFP Technologies offers a competitive benefits
package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision,
life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off,
paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!Location:
Newburyport, MASummary: The Benefits Representative is responsible
for responding to employee inquiries and questions, administering
HR processes and services, managing data in HR systems and handling
communications relating to new hires, terminations, qualifying
events, and leaves. The Benefits Representative is also responsible
for ensuring compliance with the company's benefit programs. This
position interfaces with management and internal/external customers
and undertakes various functional projects, as required.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers various employee benefit programs, such as group
health, dental, vision, spending accounts (FSA/HSA), accident,
disability, life insurance, and wellness activities.
- Processes enrollments, qualifying life events, and terminations
in a timely manner to ensure there are no issues with employees'
access to benefits or COBRA notifications.
- Oversees file maintenance in HRIS, COBRA, and various carrier
websites as needed.
- Explains benefits and employee self-service enrollment system
to ensure employees have adequate information to make enrollment
- Acts as a liaison between the company and providers to resolve
outstanding issues and/or claim inquiries.
- Communicates with Payroll on benefit issues that impact payroll
processing for all locations and helps coordinate any necessary
communication with site HR partners.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resources records while
maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of the files.
- Maintains and distributes new hire orientation packets. Mails
to applicable sites or people as needed.
- Prepares monthly billing statements and conducts quarterly
audits of vendor invoices.
- Assists in updating and posting documents to HR SharePoint
- Assists the Benefits Manager during the various open enrollment
periods from event preparation to closure.
- Performs HRIS data entry; processing Personnel Action Forms
- Processes medical child support orders, responds to reference
checks, and verifications of employment (VOEs).
- Performs support functions for the HR department, which
includes record keeping, mailings, answering telephones, referring
messages, mail distribution and other related duties.Education /
- Associate degree: Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of HR office administration, related office
experience or professional certification.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws
pertinent to benefit administration (ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA).
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with MS Office and HR
related databases and systems. ADP WFN preferred.
- Bilingual / Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Positive "can do" attitude is a must. To apply for this job
please create a profile with us through our online application
system. Click the "Apply" box in the upper right hand corner to
start the application process. Or, if you already have a social
media account with LinkedIn, Google, or Facebook you can use your
log in credentials to apply. UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Keywords: UFP Technologies, Lowell , Benefits Representative, Other , Newburyport, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!