Company: LOWELL COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Lowell Community Health Center (Lowell CHC) is a diverse,
community-based health care organization. Our programs have been
recognized as national models and Lowell CHC was named one of the
top five health centers in the nation for excellence in cultural
competency. With a career at Lowell Community Health Center, you
will be joining a dynamic team of passionate and talented
Under the supervision of the Shipping and Receiving Manager, or
designee, the Purchasing Administrator is responsible for the
direction and management of all Purchasing activity for Lowell
Community Health Center. These responsibilities include, but are
not limited to, auditing and processing of all orders and requests,
responding to vendor inquiries, maintaining purchasing
documentation and purchase order log, placing approved orders, and
assisting in the month end close process. This position is
responsible for processing, maintaining, and reporting financial
information of Lowell Community Health Center in accordance with
established policies both internally and in accordance with
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
* Responsible for Purchasing function which includes but is not
* Receiving and processing purchasing requests from Managers
ensuring policies are followed in regards to Lowell Community
Health Center's Procurement Policy; ensuring limits and approvals
* Ensure competitive pricing is attained for all orders
* Maintain purchase order forms for recurring vendors, ensuring
pricing is updated
* Maintain purchase order log
* Ensure all packing slips are received in Finance and matched with
appropriate invoice and purchase order
* Place emergency orders as needed
* Track orders and communicate delays to purchasing authorities
* Communicate products are recalls to purchasing authorities
* Process returns as needed.
* Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance
of internal e-purchasing program(s).
* Work with internal couriers to ensure proper delivery of and
storage of orders received.
* Assist with inventory tracking.
* Maintain vendor database.
* Setting up new and approved vendors, ensuring they are not on the
Federal and/or State debarred vendor list.
* Ensure SDP Attestation form is completed by purchasing
* Ensure all vendors have a W-9 on file.
* Prepare credit applications as needed.
* Ensure all vendors have a LCHC tax-exempt certificate on
* Reconcile vendor statements, researching past due balances as
* Respond to all vendor inquiries promptly and professionally,
maintaining appropriate customer service skills and always
representing Lowell CHC with the highest of standards; treat both
internal and external customers of Lowell CHC with courtesy and
* Assist in month-end close, preparing purchasing accrual and other
entries as needed.
* Maintain good vendor relations, meeting with them as needed for
purchasing of products and their pricing.
* Assists in all agency wide, programmatic, and other financial
audits as needed.
* Prepare detailed financial analyses as requested by and for use
* Other duties, as needed and assigned.
* Associates degree in Accounting or related field preferred;
equivalent work experience in the field will be considered.
* Three to five years in a Purchasing function preferred.
* Ability to make decisions in support of the job requirements.
* Ability to analyze financial information in support of ensuring
timely and accurate reporting and to identify and correct
* Evaluates the possibility of errors in financial information, the
likelihood of detection and the potential effects of errors on a
departmental and organizational level.
* With moderate supervision, the ability to self-direct and
prioritize daily, weekly, monthly and annual activities.
* Ability to produce work product that clearly and concisely
supports financial reporting, subject to independent audit
* Must effectively interact with internal and external users of
Lowell CHC financial information, including finance staff,
department managers, senior management and non-financial personnel.
Must communicate clearly in a consistent manner and work towards
the constructive resolution of problems.
* Frequent eye strain. Manual dexterity is necessary to operate
computer and business equipment.
* General business office working conditions.
* Requires minimal physical efforts and constant use of computer
and fine printed information. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and
use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally
required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk
or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10
* Regular volume of work and deadlines impose stress on a routine
basis. Frequent interruptions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually low to moderate.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, or disability status.
Location: 161 JACKSON ST., Lowell, MA 01852
Job Type: Full-time%196694%
Keywords: LOWELL COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER, Lowell , Purchasing Administrator, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!