Career Coach - Financial Education Center
Company: Community Teamwork
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Career Coach - Financial Education Center
Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in
your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private
non-profit organization with over 500 employees dedicated to
reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income
individuals and families.
At Community Teamwork our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial and emotional wellness.
- Casual work environment
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement and professional development
- 5% contribution to your 401K whether you participate on your
own or not.
- Great co-workers and a great mission with an outstanding
Community Action Agency
We are seeking a Career Coach (Financial Career Coach) who will
work on a team and assist in the development and implementation of
all programs of the Financial Education Center (FEC). The Career
Coach will work with clients on attaining employment while coaching
them on personal finance, and will assist them in qualifying for
our Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT)
Do you have any experience with Labor Market Research or job
searching or do you have an understanding of personal finance? If
you would like to make a difference by assisting individuals in
crisis by helping them find a job that matches their skills or
finding the right training program that would yield them a living
wage, then this job is for you. As a Career Coach, you would play a
key role teaching individuals how to manage their finances when
they become employed.
Training will be provided to the driven candidate that has the
willingness to learn and make a difference in people's lives.
- Provide financial education and employment services
- Provide case management to clients on a regular basis.
- Assist clients with applying for CTI's RAFT program.
- Assist clients as needed in addressing specific issues
regarding financial/credit management.
- Identify services needed for members' personal, educational/or
skill development to enhance employability.
- Create individual employment goals.
- Create personal finance management goals.
- Perform intake and data collection as per all funding source
- Integrate a DE&I lens in all activities, encourage
colleagues to engage in DE&I work, and contribute to our
mission of building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive
organization for our employees, clients, and partners; requires
ongoing investment in a personal and professional journey to
understand identity and address unconscious bias, power, and
- Experience with helping individuals who are at risk.
- Experience with helping individuals find a job.
- Comfortable with personal finance or comfortable going through
training to learn how to teach personal finance.
- Ability to work effectively with and meet the needs of people
from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, and identities,
including underserved communities and people from the different
racial groups, socioeconomic statuses, nationalities, and languages
that make up CTI's clientele.
- Case management services to low-income families.
- Employment counseling and placement services experience.
- Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Understanding of basic personal finance management
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, oral and written
- Ability to maintain accurate records and maintain
confidentiality of information
- Knowledge and experience working with low income, culturally
diverse, and at-risk individuals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced
- Bilingual (English/Spanish, English/Khmer, English/Portuguese)
- Ability to take part in certification programs that include
Financial Social Work and Credit Repair.
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Community Teamwork is committed to an equitable,
non-discriminatory, and anti-racist approach in all components of
our organizational structure and operations, including the job
application process. We recognize that people of underprivileged
backgrounds and underrepresented identities often are not afforded
equitable access to resources, opportunities, and professional
development. We offer professional development, training, and
tuition reimbursement opportunities to ensure that you and CTI are
set up for success. We encourage you to apply if you see an opening
that is exciting to you and include examples of your work that you
feel demonstrate your qualifications. Please feel free to speak to
all experiences, skills, and educational certifications that you
feel are relevant. We look forward to reviewing your
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status. Community Teamwork is a drug free work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of an
innovative team in an organization committed to excellence.
Keywords: Community Teamwork, Lowell , Career Coach - Financial Education Center, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!