Mechanical Assembler I
Company: Chesterton Global Solutions
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Who We Need:
You're mechanically inclined and you enjoy working with your
You have the ability to follow directions through a VKS system.
You understand that the products that you make impact the customer
in a BIG way!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your
talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
* With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still
* That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know
* That has a significant global environmental impact with products
and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
* That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to
* That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast
path to success
* That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition
program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid
volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children
of employees and many more!
* That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working
together to bring world-class service to our Customers every
Check out our formal job description below:
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers. The
Mechanical Assembler I is responsible for the assembly of simple
mechanical seals with no more than two sub-assemblies in the Bill
of Material (B.O.M.). Performs a variety of repetitive operations
to assemble mechanical seals, products and sub-assemblies. Uses a
variety of common hand tools and simple machines. Stores and
retrieves materials as required. Must be able to work overtime as
required, maintain a positive and focused attitude, and be willing
to support all of the team's goals and objectives.
Job Model: On-Site
All fully remote positions will require you to travel on site 2-4
times per month depending upon business needs at your own
Hybrid positions will require employees to work both on-site and
remote each week under a schedule that has been determined and
agreed upon by you and your manager.
On-Site positions will require employees to work on-site for each
of their scheduled shifts.
* Performs a variety of repetitive tasks using simple hand tools,
i.e., allen wrench, dental picks, etc. to assemble seal.
* May operate engraving and/or etching machine as required.
* Performs simple in process quality control inspection to validate
fit and function, i.e. evaluates if the seal fits together.
* Validates accuracy of components to shop order by part number
and/or simple inspection criteria, i.e., o-ring inspection cone,
inside diameter inspection via test shafts at the final assembly
stage, inspects for thread hang-up, burrs, dirt and oil residue
* Identifies all questionable components and isolates them for
quality control rework as required.
* Identifies and selects appropriate packaging for each assembled
seal in accordance with the shop order.
* Consults shop order and transcribes (hand-writes) date, lot
number, and other designated information onto the packaging
* Maintains clean and organized work area in accordance to 5S
policies and procedures.
Complexity of Duties:
* Works with limited supervision. No instructions needed on routine
work. Detailed instructions given for special assignments.
* Must be certified for assembling the level 1 seals and
activities. Ability to work according to written/verbal
instructions and procedures which will ensure safety on the job and
efficient, effective assembly process
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Must be capable of reading and understanding instructions.
* Must be capable of following a clearly written and described
sequence of events.
* Manual dexterity to utilize small hand tools and perform
repetitive assembly tasks.
* Ability to operate simple machines, engraver, etc.
* Flexibility to support the changing needs of the business. May be
called upon to perform other departmental functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* High School or Trade School preferred.
* Entry level. Experience in manufacturing environment a plus.
Other Skill and Abilities:
* Ability to work under pressure and work well with others.
* Basic reading and writing skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required
to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally
required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. Ability to lift up to
25 pounds on a regular basis. Also requires: Repetitive elbow
movements, rotating wrist movements, grasping and squeezing. Must
be able to move, reach above the shoulders and bend freely. Must be
able to adhere to any requirements of the job, and reach with hands
and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision. Exposure to high temperature and noise levels exists
daily in the work environment.
A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All
requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon
successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the
respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
Keywords: Chesterton Global Solutions, Lowell , Mechanical Assembler I, Other , Groveland, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!