ACCS Family Connector
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Schedule: Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM
The ACCS Family Connector will ensure that each person served has a
stable support network of family members, community members and
friends as they make strides towards developing the life skills
need to successfully live independently. The ACCS Family Connector
will work with adults with psychiatric conditions and those who
identify as their supports to provide outreach, information,
referral and direct support services.
In this role you will be responsible for delivering interventions
to Persons Served identified on the Treatment Plan targeted at
skills building including but activities of daily living,
medication administration, symptom reduction, health and wellbeing,
employment, school, socialization and recreation.
As you work towards accomplishing these goals you will also work to
involve family/friends into the life and Treatment Plan
interventions of each person served when appropriate. This may
include fostering a welcoming environment in which
families/supporters are respected and valued, orient them to the
services their loved one may receive from ACCS and engage their
participation in helping the person served to meet their ACCS
goals.You will also act as the primary liaison between additional
team services and will work to create and maintain the team's
Family Advisory Council.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers
for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of
Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen's medical staff are closely
monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that
are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
* Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
* Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual Training
* Work from home arrangements available for eligible positions
* Laptop and iPhone provided for eligible positions
* Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
* Weekly virtual wellness and virtual group gatherings scheduled to
maintain sense of community with team members
* PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great
benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
* A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires
no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b)
* First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all
employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we
offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical
* Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and
Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
* Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the
option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability
* Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent
* Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care
* Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or
more per week):
* 15 days of Vacation per year
* 11 Paid Holidays
* 10 Sick Days per year
* 3 Personal Days per year
* Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
* $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
* Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships,
access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit
human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the
capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to
learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of
adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and
behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with 2,800 employees
in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: ACCSFC, outreach worker, social worker, mental health,
psychology, human services, Remote work, Work from home, telehealth
Vaccine Mandate Policy
All new employees, interns, and volunteers within Vinfen's
Massachusetts programs will be required to be fully vaccinated (14
days beyond last shot of Pfizer or Moderna or 14 days beyond
receiving a Johnson and Johnson vaccine), or have received the
first shot in a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) with an
appointment scheduled for the second dose. A 2nd dose must be
received within six weeks of hire and the first shot prior to New
Employee Orientation or have an approved exemption for medical or
religious reasons by the first day of employment with Vinfen.
* Bachelor's degree in human services, Master's degree in Human
Services, or very experienced direct care staff preferred.
* 2 to 3 years of experience working with adults with psychiatric
* Must have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be
willing to use it to transport Person Served.
* Preference given to bilingual/bicultural applicants and
applicants with lived experience of psychiatric conditions.
* All candidates for this position must be a least 21 years of age
and be able to pass a CORI, driving record, reference, educational
and professional licensure check as well as a multi-state
* All applicants must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified
within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of
Must meet Family Partner qualifications as follows:
* Experience as a caregiver of a youth (or adult) with special
needs; preferably a youth (or adult) with a psychiatric
* Bachelor's degree in human services field from an accredited
school & one year experience working with children/adolescents/TAY
(or adult); or an Associate's degree in human service field from an
accredited school & one year experience working with
children/adolescents/TAY(or adult); or high school diploma/GED &
Keywords: Vinfen, Lowell , ACCS Family Connector, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!