Leasing Specialist - Housing & Homeless
Company: Community Teamwork
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Leasing Specialist - Housing & Homeless
Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in
your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private
non-profit organization with over 500 employees dedicated to
reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income
individuals and families.
At Community Teamwork our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial and emotional wellness.
- Casual work environment
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays (11 scheduled & 1 floating)
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement and professional development
- 5% contribution to your 401K whether you participate on your
own or not.
- Great co-workers and a great mission with an outstanding
Community Action Agency
- 37.5 hour work week
We are seeking a Leasing Specialist who will be the key point of
contact for Housing Providers where CTI's Leased Housing Program
tenants reside. This position is expected to build and maintain
strong relationships with Housing Providers and manage all Housing
Provider communications. Additionally, the Leasing Specialist is
responsible for the rent reasonableness for new and existing units.
The position supports the mission and objectives of the Rental
Assistance program through the delivery of professional and
knowledgeable services to the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure leasing activities completed including; review leasing
packets, accurately calculating rents, and complete move-in
- Prepare contracts and leases within the required timeframe
based on program regulations.
- Maintain basic knowledge regarding program regulations and
housing inspection requirements and procedures.
- Receive, review, and track all rent increase requests.
- Process rent reasonableness including; obtain applicable
approvals for rents outside of the comparable range, complete rent
burden determinations, and negotiate rent with landlords where
- Maintain effective relationships with housing providers as a
liaison - communicating program requirements and responding to
complaints from housing providers.
- Process changes in ownerships.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Integrate a DE&I lens in all activities, encourage
colleagues to engage in DE&I work, and contribute to our
mission of building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive
organization for our employees, clients, and partners; requires
ongoing investment in a personal and professional journey to
understand identity and address unconscious bias, power, and
Act as the customer service arm of the department and work with
clientele as a case manager or customer support point person to
resolve any concerns that our clients are presenting.
Work closely with Program Reps, Inspections, and QC staff to ensure
the correct information is being provided to clients.
Provide follow up support to make sure issues are resolved in a
Engage with a high volume of phone calls and walk-in clientele each
day to resolve crisis or questions that are presenting.
- At least 3 years of experience in residential property
management and/or administration of rental assistance programs
including at least one year of experience performing data analysis
or forecasting methods, or related activities, preferably in a
Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, or other Federally-assisted
- Work Experience: 2 years related work experience.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's
- Ability to organize details and process information with high
degree of accuracy.
- Timeliness and accuracy are skills essential to this
- Ability to complete complex and detailed tasks in a timely
- Ability to plan and prioritize duties.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy in making mathematical calculations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal and negotiation
- Ability to work independently within a busy and diverse team
- Strong computer literacy skills; working knowledge of Microsoft
Office, specifically Word and Excel, tablets and Cloud
- Experience using computer software to organize, store, and
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Community Teamwork is committed to an equitable,
non-discriminatory, and anti-racist approach in all components of
our organizational structure and operations, including the job
application process. We recognize that people of underprivileged
backgrounds and underrepresented identities often are not afforded
equitable access to resources, opportunities, and professional
development. We offer professional development, training, and
tuition reimbursement opportunities to ensure that you and CTI are
set up for success. We encourage you to apply if you see an opening
that is exciting to you and include examples of your work that you
feel demonstrate your qualifications. Please feel free to speak to
all experiences, skills, and educational certifications that you
feel are relevant. We look forward to reviewing your
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status. Community Teamwork is a drug free work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of an
innovative, outcome focused team in an organization committed to
Keywords: Community Teamwork, Lowell , Leasing Specialist - Housing & Homeless, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!