Company: Element Care
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Under the supervision of the Manager of Recreation, this
individual is responsible for understanding the therapeutic
recreational needs of each participant, and ensuring that each
participant feels welcomed and valued at the PACE site. The
Activities Specialist implements a comprehensive program of
multiple ongoing parallel activities designed to achieve
participant's individualized goals. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides representation of the activities department and the
implementation/communication of programs.
- Maintains established tracking spreadsheets. Compiles
information for inclusion in monthly calendars, newsletters, and
- Performs initial and periodic participant assessments according
to organizational policies. Documentation is completed timely.
- Accurately and thoroughly assesses participants' needs,
abilities, and desires and implements individual and group
activities to motivate, stimulate, and improve or maintain the
participants' level of function.
- Collaborates with other team members to develop activities for
the Wellness program.
- Actively participates in quality assurance programs.
- Is prepared for and represents the activities department at IDT
meetings. Communicates daily activity programming in addition to
any changes in participants' plan of care.
- Provides coverage at other ADH sites as needed.
- Provides activities in participant homes when needed. May
include assisted living or private home environment.
- Ability to pass a fit test. Position requires mask where seal
is critical. Incumbent is required to not have facial hair that
interferes with a tight seal of the respirator.
- Assists with transportation safety.
- Performs other duties as required. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma. Associates degree or Activities Director
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with the geriatric
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills for use of Outlook, Word, and an
electronic medical record.
- Enthusiasm, initiative, creativity, and ability to work in a
- Covid vaccines required. EEO Statement Element Care is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran
status, or on the basis of disability. Element Care is committed to
valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working
Keywords: Element Care, Lowell , Activities Specialist, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!