Youth Advocate - Youth Services
Company: Community Teamwork
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Youth Services is EXPANDING!!
Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in
your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private
non-profit organization with over 500 employees dedicated to
reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income
individuals and families.
At Community Teamwork our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial and emotional wellness.
- Casual work environment
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement and professional development
- 5% contribution to your 401K whether you participate on your
own or not.
- Great co-workers and a great mission with an outstanding
Community Action Agency
- 37.5 hour work week
The Youth Advocate as part of Youth Services will work with The
Youth Action Board (YAB) in support of young adults (under 25) who
have experienced homelessness and housing instability. The YAB
works with partners in 32 communities across the Northern Balance
of State region in Massachusetts. This position will support and
lead the Massachusetts Balance of States YAB, work with state and
local partners, support young adults in accessing services,
advocating and educating the community.
Personal lived experience in youth homelessness or housing
instability is preferred and ideal but is not a requirement to
- Highschool Diploma preferred
- Experience in team building and leadership development
- Experience working collaboratively with young adults and
understand their level of resourcefulness and resilience
- Able to utilize or be trained in trauma-informed care, harm
reduction, and positive youth development principles.
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Familiarity with youth housing instability and homelessness
- Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal, oral
and written communication skills.
- Desire to work with low income, culturally diverse, and at-risk
families and individuals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work effectively with and meet the needs of people
from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, and identities,
including underserved communities and people from the different
racial groups, socioeconomic statuses, nationalities, and languages
that make up CTI's clientele.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Advocate for and amplify the voices of YAB members in meetings,
with partners and across the community
- Develop agendas and co-facilitate meetings as
- Support all efforts to ensure the safety and wellbeing of
youth, staff and the program
- Provide interventions to assist members in feeling safe,
promote a safe environment for youth to seek help and access
resources with limited barriers.
- Operate from an equity based, anti-racist, anti- adultism
perspective. Anti-discriminatory lens.
- Work with all vulnerable populations including the BIPOC LGBTQ+
community, Survivors of Sexual Trafficking and domestic
- Support young people participating in Youth Opportunity Center
programming as well as connected to outreach services.
- Engage with community partners and participate in street
- Collaborate with partners to raise awareness about Homeless
Youth Services and supports.
- Organize data and prepare required reports on a monthly,
quarterly and annual basis in a timely manner.
- Support in supervising over-seeing The Mill You program
according to schedule.
- Integrate a DE&I lens in all activities, encourage
colleagues to engage in DE&I work, and contribute to our
mission of building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive
organization for our employees, clients, and partners; requires
ongoing investment in a personal and professional journey to
understand identity and address unconscious bias, power, and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Community Teamwork is committed to an equitable,
non-discriminatory, and anti-racist approach in all components of
our organizational structure and operations, including the job
application process. We recognize that people of underprivileged
backgrounds and underrepresented identities often are not afforded
equitable access to resources, opportunities, and professional
development. We offer professional development, training, and
tuition reimbursement opportunities to ensure that you and CTI are
set up for success. We encourage you to apply if you see an opening
that is exciting to you and include examples of your work that you
feel demonstrate your qualifications. Please feel free to speak to
all experiences, skills, and educational certifications that you
feel are relevant. We look forward to reviewing your
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status. Community Teamwork is a drug free work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of an
innovative, outcome focused team in an organization committed to
Keywords: Community Teamwork, Lowell , Youth Advocate - Youth Services, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!