Company: UMass Lowell
Posted on: November 13, 2023
General Summary of Position:
Under the general direction of the Professor/Principal
Investigator, the Biostatistician III is responsible for the
planning, design, review, programming and implementation of special
information systems activities.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- MS in Biostatistics, GIS or Data Science
- 5+ years in publishing health research
- Proficient in programming using ArcGIS, REDCap, Stata MP, SAS,
- Expertise in geocoding using ArcGIS, US Census and Google
- Significant working experience in Enterprise SAS SQL
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, necessary
to interact with investigators, internal and external collaborators
and team members
- Experiences in All Payer Claims Databases, Medicare/Medicaid
data, and Electronic Health Records
- Experience in assisting investigators and government officials
with preparation of peer-reviewed publications or reports
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Experience in working with government health agencies
- Working experiences in health care settings, knowledge of
clinical operations and laboratory tests
- Some computer programming skills such as python
- Significant working experience in BIG health data including
Insurance Claims Databases, and electronic medical records
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts
(MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10
business days of the posting. All other candidates will be
considered after that period.
This is a Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit position,
This position is contingent upon funding.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue
until the position is filled. However, the position may close when
an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
Names and contact information of three references will be required
during the application process. The University of Massachusetts is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status,
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other
Keywords: UMass Lowell, Lowell , Biostatistician III, Other , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!