Cleanroom - Assembly Technician - Full Time
Posted on: May 5, 2021
- /tFull-Time Health Benefits on Your First Day
- /tCompetitive Time off Package (PTO and Holidays)
- /tEmployee Stock Options
- /tRetirement Plan Options with company match
- /tDirect Hire
As a global Life Science company, Avantor is fully committed to the
safety and well-being of our associates, customers, suppliers and
the communities that we serve.
We are proud to manufacture and deliver the products and services
that are essential to our customers during the evolving coronavirus
Our associates are working hard to sustain operations during this
We're proud to collaborate with the companies on the forefront of
COVID-19 research. Our work is helping customers in the biopharma
and healthcare industries as they develop new vaccines and
therapies to stop this terrible disease.
Our mission of setting science in motion to create a better world
is more meaningful now than ever.
We bring regulatory, quality and technical expertise to virtually
every step of our biopharma customers' processes to drive
efficiency that enables treatments to get to the patients and
communities that need them, quickly and safely.
Join the team that is helping our biopharma customers ramp up
We have 1st, 2nd and 3rd/Weekend shift available in our cleanroom:
2nd and 3rd/Weekend shift will receive shift differential
* 1st shift: M-Thurs, 5:30am-4pm
* 2nd shift: M-Thurs, 3:45pm-2:15am
* Weekend shift: Fri-Sun, 6am-6:30pm
Under direction of the cleanroom lead and the area supervisor, the
Cleanroom Assembly Technician will build a wide-range of Single-Use
assemblies that meet or exceed customer requirements. Uses a
variety of manufacturing and measuring equipment such as tube
cutters, rulers, oetiker tools, and heat sealers. Follows
engineering drawings, products work instructions, standard
operating processes to accurately and efficiently build product and
maintain associated data throughout the process. Meets or exceeds
known labor times. Completes products according to the priority of
the weekly build schedule to meet on-time delivery goals and
customer satisfaction. Maintains a high standard of quality to meet
goals for internal first pass yield and external customer returns.
The Cleanroom Assembly Technician will be proactive and communicate
any issues to leadership that would prevent he or she from
achieving their goals. Maintains the cleanroom environment by
observing all standard operating processes and compliance. Uses the
appropriate personal protective equipment and reports near misses
and first aid events.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of
- Responsible for building, cleaning, and packaging of various
Single-Use assemblies per Engineering Process Records (EPR),
drawings, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE's) and
report all near miss and first aid events.
- Responsible for following cleanroom protocols and cGMPs in
order to maintain ISO Class 7 environment.
- Be an activate participant in the continuous improvement
process and follow appropriate change control procedures.
- Escalate potential process and/or product deviations to prevent
scrap, rework, and customer returns.
- Daily organization (6S) and cleanliness of work area and common
- Assist with the inventory accuracy by properly returning unused
parts and components to stock in sealed bags with part number and
- Participate and work within ISO 9001:2015 quality standards
guidelines in all manufacturing areas in accordance with company
- Meet internal manufacturing schedules which drive on-time
- Complete and sign-off EPRs for each operation completed during
- Complete assemblies within the allotted time stated on the work
- Instill a "build it right the first time" mentality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and
- High School completion or equivalent (GED)
- 0-2 years equivalent experience in production in a cleanroom
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and
- Ability to be trained on and adhere to all cleanroom
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the
ability to act independently
- Must be able to lift 50lbs minimum
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with
proficiency in Word and Excel
- Problem-solving skills
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical
The work environment characteristics and physical effort described
here are representative of those an associate encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Typically works in a production/clean room environment with
adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature
and noise level.
The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the
working day. The physical requirements of the job are for
associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height,
reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull.
Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull
up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both
hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as
well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated
with a job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on
and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of
Keywords: Avantor, Lowell , Cleanroom - Assembly Technician - Full Time, Professions , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!