Repair & Maintenance Technician
Company: Columbia Care
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Reports to: Facility ManagerPosition Overview:The Facility
Repairs and Maintenance Technician works closely with the facility
leadership team to assist with day-to-day maintenance and custodial
work of the cultivation / manufacturing facility. The Technician
position requires a highly organized, conscientious, reliable
professional who will be discreet with sensitive information and
has strong attention to detail.Major Areas of Responsibility
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs all electrical equipment
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Maintains the condition of all mechanical systems.
- Works with contractors and vendors.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs on mechanical
- Handles emergency service calls after business hours on an
- Performs mechanical maintenance and building maintenance as
required, using hand tools motorized lifts and machine tools such
as lathe mills, grinders, etc.
- Gathers and disposes of rubbish and waste materials by hand or
with the use of powered equipment.
- Makes rounds of buildings and grounds at regular intervals at
night; inspects doors, windows, and locks to see that they are
properly and securely fastened.
- Observes appearances and conditions of premises and equipment;
reports needed repairs, safety hazards, or conditions requiring
outside vendor services.
- Scrubs, strips, sanitizes, waxes, and buffs floors using
powered machines equipped with rotating brushes.
- Maintains an inventory of cleaning and toiletry supplies.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, mirrors, and
fixtures using both step and extension ladders.
- Cleans grounds and parking lots of litter, glass, snow or other
- Loads and unloads supplies, and moves heavy furniture and
equipment using dollies, handcarts, or power equipment. Replaces
light bulbs and fuses.
- May perform ground maintenance including removal of snow from
sidewalks, salting walkways, mowing small areas of grass, trimming
shrubs, etc., at an office site.
- Other duties as needed/required to meet goals.Minimum
Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years industrial work experience preferred, preferably in
a manufacturing industry.
- Ability to install, program, and troubleshoot variable
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work. Work
effectively with minimal supervision.
- You will regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for
other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices,
policies and procedures.
- You will need to have strong service and quality focus; address
issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to
understand root cause, then communicate / education team in a
- You will need be able and willing to work overtime, including
short-notice requests.Travel: 0FLSA status: Non-exemptAdditional
- The job requires physical activity, including prolonged
sitting, standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting or
moving up to 50 pounds (or more with a coworker). Good visual
acuity, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and ability to
perform repetitive motions with accuracy is required. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.Note: Nothing in
this job description restricts the company's right to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances
to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the
positionAbout Columbia Care: Columbia Care is one of the largest
and most experienced cultivators, manufacturers and providers of
medical and adult use cannabis products and related services with
licenses in 18 US jurisdictions and the EU. Columbia Care currently
operates 122 facilities including 92 dispensaries and 30
cultivation and manufacturing facilities. Columbia Care is one of
the original providers of medical cannabis in the United States,
and continues to deliver industry-leading products and services.
The company launched Cannabist, its new retail brand, creating a
national dispensary network that leverages proprietary technology
platforms. Through its dispensary network, the company offers
products spanning flower, edibles, oils, and tablets, and
manufactures popular brands including Seed & Strain, Triple Seven,
Classix, Plant Sugar, Press, Amber and Platinum Label CBD. Columbia
Care is known for setting the standard for compassion,
professionalism, quality, care, and innovation in the rapidly
expanding cannabis industry. For more information on Columbia Care,
please visit www.col-care.com.#INDHP
Keywords: Columbia Care, Lowell , Repair & Maintenance Technician, Professions , Lowell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!