Posted on: January 24, 2023
SOCOTEC Company is a provider of niche consulting services within
the engineering industry. Through an integrated, holistic approach,
our professionals provide solutions for Failure Analysis,
Non-Destructive Engineering, Fitness for Service and other
specialty engineering projects. We offer a team setting at a
consulting group renowned for failure analysis, advanced analysis
and testing, state of the art instrumentation, and materials
engineering. The work is varied, providing constant challenges. We
are seeking "closers"-engineers who can respond to technical
challenges to drive projects to a successful completion.
SOCOTEC offers competitive salary and benefits, mentorship,
training, and social activities.
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN - MASSACHUSETTS
This position will report to a Principal or designee level staff
member within our Specialty Engineering Division and will involve a
variety of general functions, including but not limited to:
- Design, build, procure and integrate test equipment for
mechanical and structural testing
- Conduct testing and data collection in the laboratory and
- Perform field walkdowns and inspections in support of specialty
- Prepare test and examination reports
- Minimum of two years working in an engineering environment, or
Associate's degree in Engineering (Civil, Metallurgical or
Mechanical preferred) or related technical field required.
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical skills required.
- Experience using field and laboratory instrumentation and
- Basic understanding of, and ability to read drawings,
schematics and specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with ability
to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to pass background and drug screenings to obtain
security clearances at commercial nuclear plants and Dept. of
Energy facilities (U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
required for clearances).
- Ability to travel to customer or project sites (moderate travel
- Minimum OSHA 10 certification preferred
For more information, please visit www.socotec.us
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Team Lead
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Type: Full-time
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
SOCOTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Socotec, Lowell , Engineering Technician, Professions , Amesbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!